Udyr is a BAMF

#1HosedAndHappyPosted 12/29/2009 5:45:31 PM
I tried him out once or twice the first time he was available and went with an AP build. I thought he was pretty much useless and forgot about him.
I thought I'd give him another go since they said they buffed him and wow is he dominating now and fun to play. I realized attack speed is the way to go with him and it made all the difference in the world. He can do everything. He can get early kills, he creeps, he dominates 1v1, he has awesome survivability, and can solo Baron without breaking a sweat. I think I've found my backup when I don't want to use Twitch.

Does anyone know what exactly the changes were that they made to him?
---
I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people.
#2nothv13Posted 12/29/2009 6:23:18 PM
They upped all his stats, changed his cooldown on stances, changed some ap ratios and base of his stances. He's getting another buff next patch which is completely un-needed.
#3Twinrova225Posted 12/29/2009 7:36:51 PM
He's great 1v1, but not so much in team fights.

---
Seriously. I hope that if you buy a boxed copy of it when it comes out , the guy at the counter just says, "No." -- screamingknife
#4HosedAndHappy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2009 8:07:14 PM
How is he not good in team fights? Just because he doesn't have a group stun doesn't mean he's useless. Someone has to be killing the other team and he's as good a choice as anyone.
---
#5Twinrova225Posted 12/29/2009 8:25:24 PM
Master Yi hits much harder then Udyr. Udyr has a one second stun, and a mini AoE magic attack that tickles enemies. He's even easier to focus down then Yi is.

---
Seriously. I hope that if you buy a boxed copy of it when it comes out , the guy at the counter just says, "No." -- screamingknife
#6HosedAndHappy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2009 9:10:39 PM
How exactly is Yi anymore useful in a team fight? Yi is much easier to kill. Udyr kills single targets almost as fast and is much tougher to bring down. And when you're attacking 2.5 times a second his "mini aoe" does more then tickle.
---
#7Twinrova225Posted 12/30/2009 10:29:58 AM
How exactly is Yi anymore useful in a team fight? Yi is much easier to kill. Udyr kills single targets almost as fast and is much tougher to bring down. And when you're attacking 2.5 times a second his "mini aoe" does more then tickle.

Yi can easily hit 2.5 with one or two AS items and Highlander, not to mention immunity to slows, roots, and exhaust. He also has a steroids ability that easily pops his damage post 300, not to mention his 10% chance to do double damage.

Udry has a stun that he can rotate between targets, and a mini AOE that does laughable damage over 5 seconds. The Phoenix Strike passive does good single target damage, but don't expect to be frightning a whole team away with it.

---