Help finding my perfect character!

#1LittleTeaPotPosted 1/1/2010 7:20:38 AM
I'm having trouble finding a character I like to use. I'm looking for a DoT or a heavy hitter on champions but also looking for a good AoE crowd control. I prefer a Champion killer over AoE can anyone help me? I'm planning to buy a character but I don't know witch one to invest in. Thanks in advance.
#2Twinrova225Posted 1/1/2010 9:48:44 AM
Twitch and Teemo sound up your alley.

Twitch has a passve poision that doess 36 DPS at 6 stacks IIRC, and using these stacks, can cause a major slow and use them for a quick nuke. His ultimate extends his range to 1000 units and causes a small AoE on any hit.

Teemo also has a DoT (not sure what it is at level 5), but he has blinding dart, which shuts down most physical carries, especially Yi and Tryndamare. He's also good at chasing and trapping with his mushrooms.

---
Seriously. I hope that if you buy a boxed copy of it when it comes out , the guy at the counter just says, "No." -- screamingknife
#3anilEhilatedPosted 1/1/2010 11:04:01 AM
Morgana might also be up there, as three of her skills are some combination of AoE and DoT.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#4simcowkingPosted 1/1/2010 1:28:21 PM

I'm having trouble finding a character I like to use. I'm looking for a DoT or a heavy hitter on champions but also looking for a good AoE crowd control. I prefer a Champion killer over AoE can anyone help me? I'm planning to buy a character but I don't know witch one to invest in. Thanks in advance.

AoE Crowd Controlers (might miss one or two)

Twisted Fate (PaC, destiny)
Jan (knock up)
Cho (knock up + slow)
Alistar(Stun)
Trist (Rocket Jump slows)
Amumu (group stun/snare....forget which)
Singed (slow)
Karth (slow)
Nasus (armor debuff)
Soraka(magic debuff)
malph (stun)
Anvia (stun, slow, wall, more slow)

Now out of those the ones that stick out most as champion killers are

Twisted Fate
Trist

And that gives you two good pushers. TF is much better at ganking (port in and win with gold card) In team fights if you pull a gold card its astun+AoE slow. Red=AoE slow. However, TF is frowned upon greatly right now as being grossly OP, so he most likely will befacing a nerf soon as they can decide on how they can nerf him without making him useless.

Trist is still fun for me too. Seems fairly balanced rightnow,and if anything will get a buff before a nerf :)