Amazing!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: pootertooter

pootertooter
7 years ago#1
So i just downloaded this game a few days ago. I went through the tutorial and read up a bit about the game. I have next to no experience with a game of this type (played Warcraft 3, but in this light its hardly worth mentioning). Anyway, the first few practice games i went through were littered with righteous peeps who were very patient and had no problem handing out pointers. i cant say how impressed i am with a community that is based on a very PVP-centric game (especially a game where a newb is worse than having no one else at all on your team) be so gosh darn courteous.

all i got to say is wow, and hopefully this encourages other people who were kind of shy about jumpin in. truly amazed at how cool everyone has been.

inb4coolstorybro

User Info: 7Nitro7Blazer7

7Nitro7Blazer7
7 years ago#2
Really? My experience has been quite the opposite. If I say I'm new and just learning people will leave or sarcastically remark we're gonna lose. If I make any sort of tiny mistake I get berated for it for the rest of the match.

I wish I had your experience in this.
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7

User Info: Jeev-

Jeev-
7 years ago#3
At the above person, do you go straight into real matches or do you do practice?
If you're new to a character it's always good to do a practice with him first if you know you'll be using him and then people also appreciate that you put in the effort...
I did a good 20+ practice games before my first real game after beta to try get better so that people wouldn't flame me..

User Info: pootertooter

pootertooter
7 years ago#4
yeah. i agree. i have no intention of heading to a "real" match until ive got a good chunk of practice under my belt and a fair grasp of the mechanics/flow.

User Info: Charliesix

Charliesix
7 years ago#5
What are the incentives to playing a practice match over a Normal match, besides being "courteous" to people?

I was under the impression that Normal games offer more IP rewards, win or lose.

User Info: HosedAndHappy

HosedAndHappy
7 years ago#6
I only have a problem when people clearly have no idea of what they're doing and refuse to listen to any advice and keep doing the same thing over and over.
I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people.

User Info: RaydricLord

RaydricLord
7 years ago#7
Really? My experience has been quite the opposite. If I say I'm new and just learning people will leave or sarcastically remark we're gonna lose. If I make any sort of tiny mistake I get berated for it for the rest of the match.

I wish I had your experience in this.

This, except with my friends. I don't feed or anything and I get yelled at more than the feeders on my team. In addition, I'm usually playing a tank character and if we win, they point out how I get little amount of kills compared to their nuker/dps characters.
Pokemon Platinum FC: Zev, 4425 7842 6332
Pokemon Diamond FC: Zev, 0902 9586 8138

User Info: DuDuDu10101

DuDuDu10101
7 years ago#8
i played my first game last night and we had a man down the whole match... we ended up winning and i held off the top lane by myself...

but i guess i fed quite a bit because i wasn't leveling as fast as my team mates but that also allowed them to kill without being spotted...
Y(^_^)Y

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived