Amazing!

#1pootertooterPosted 1/10/2010 8:22:47 PM
So i just downloaded this game a few days ago. I went through the tutorial and read up a bit about the game. I have next to no experience with a game of this type (played Warcraft 3, but in this light its hardly worth mentioning). Anyway, the first few practice games i went through were littered with righteous peeps who were very patient and had no problem handing out pointers. i cant say how impressed i am with a community that is based on a very PVP-centric game (especially a game where a newb is worse than having no one else at all on your team) be so gosh darn courteous.

all i got to say is wow, and hopefully this encourages other people who were kind of shy about jumpin in. truly amazed at how cool everyone has been.

inb4coolstorybro
#27Nitro7Blazer7Posted 1/11/2010 12:45:29 AM
Really? My experience has been quite the opposite. If I say I'm new and just learning people will leave or sarcastically remark we're gonna lose. If I make any sort of tiny mistake I get berated for it for the rest of the match.

I wish I had your experience in this.
---
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7
#3Jeev-Posted 1/11/2010 2:19:06 AM
At the above person, do you go straight into real matches or do you do practice?
If you're new to a character it's always good to do a practice with him first if you know you'll be using him and then people also appreciate that you put in the effort...
I did a good 20+ practice games before my first real game after beta to try get better so that people wouldn't flame me..
#4pootertooter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2010 7:38:57 AM
yeah. i agree. i have no intention of heading to a "real" match until ive got a good chunk of practice under my belt and a fair grasp of the mechanics/flow.
#5CharliesixPosted 1/11/2010 9:50:51 AM
What are the incentives to playing a practice match over a Normal match, besides being "courteous" to people?

I was under the impression that Normal games offer more IP rewards, win or lose.
#6HosedAndHappyPosted 1/11/2010 9:58:13 AM
I only have a problem when people clearly have no idea of what they're doing and refuse to listen to any advice and keep doing the same thing over and over.
---
I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people.
#7RaydricLordPosted 1/11/2010 10:23:36 AM
Really? My experience has been quite the opposite. If I say I'm new and just learning people will leave or sarcastically remark we're gonna lose. If I make any sort of tiny mistake I get berated for it for the rest of the match.

I wish I had your experience in this.

This, except with my friends. I don't feed or anything and I get yelled at more than the feeders on my team. In addition, I'm usually playing a tank character and if we win, they point out how I get little amount of kills compared to their nuker/dps characters.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC: Zev, 4425 7842 6332
Pokemon Diamond FC: Zev, 0902 9586 8138
#8DuDuDu10101Posted 1/11/2010 7:37:43 PM
i played my first game last night and we had a man down the whole match... we ended up winning and i held off the top lane by myself...

but i guess i fed quite a bit because i wasn't leveling as fast as my team mates but that also allowed them to kill without being spotted...
---
Y(^_^)Y