Lord of Avernus, Bounty Hunter, Phantom Lancer and Bloodseeker like characters?

#1VoronePosted 1/13/2010 9:11:49 PM
A friend that I used to play DotA mentioned this game and said I should really give it a try. I did some research and see that you unlock characters by playing and getting points. So before I get into it, what characters are most like Lord of Avernus, Phantom Lancer, Bounty Hunter and Bloodseeker?

Also what are some of the better characters and what are some that I should avoid? I know this was true in DotA and I can't imagine this game being any different.

Thanks in advance.
---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ A NEW LEVEL OF
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ CONFIDENCE AND POWER!
#2starmilski13Posted 1/13/2010 9:28:51 PM
There aren't really any champions that are totally unviable, though some champions are less effective against organized teams (Yi, for example, is a pubstomp god, but not that great against premades because he dies to a stun easily).

I have to say the worst champion in my opinion is Warwick. He's not unviable, it's just that he's kind of like Yi but with less pubstomping ability. He's a physical DPS with a passive that gives him OK lifesteal and a lifestealing attack, but lategame the lifestealing attack does nothing, and even early game his lifesteal passive is barely more than a cheap item. His other two skills are a passive that locates enemies low on HP and gives you a movespeed boost, and a skill that gives a global buff to your allies (which is very useful, true, but doesn't make him useful for actually fighting.)

And then there's his ult, which is just pathetic... it deals essentially twice his attack damage over an OK amount of time, but it stuns you and the target in place when using it (so you'll die using it in a teamfight), and gives only a moderate extra boost in damage, less than you could get by just bashing somebody, so at best it's useful for stopping somebody who's fleeing and none of their allies are around, or for procing items (since it procs on hit effects six times, you could get a decent amount of extra damage/poison with it, and it regenerates a very slight extra amount of your HP).

But really, play anybody you want. I haven't played DotA, so I don't know how to make comparisons, but I can say that everybody I've played is viable, although some are a lot trickier than others (I had trouble getting the hang of Gangplank early on).
---
Brawl FC: 0817 3473 3594
Member of IAMNOT, http://z4.invisionfree.com/IAMNOT/index.php?
#3Vorone(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 9:38:11 PM
Cho' Gath looks cool and has the blood seeker ability to regain health upon killing a unit.
---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ A NEW LEVEL OF
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ CONFIDENCE AND POWER!
#4starmilski13Posted 1/13/2010 10:15:34 PM
Cho'gath is probably one of the best tanks in the game, and I strongly recommend him. He's pricey, though, and may not be in the free lineup.
---
Brawl FC: 0817 3473 3594
Member of IAMNOT, http://z4.invisionfree.com/IAMNOT/index.php?
#5anilEhilatedPosted 1/14/2010 1:48:10 AM
Warwick is essentially a bloodseeker on steroids, and not that bad. Lancer and Gondar don't really have an equivalent, the closest you can get to both is Shaco. Sion has a skill similar to Abaddon's shield.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#6dukedafeetPosted 1/24/2010 7:40:00 PM

rofle, warwick is bad? thats the first ive heard of it.

#7Hydrox_ZPosted 1/24/2010 8:05:40 PM
here's a second time then:

warwick is easily the worst character in lol
#8Odd manPosted 1/24/2010 8:26:47 PM
Third Time!

Warwick is easily in the bottom tier of heroes.
#9CalmOfEmptinessPosted 1/24/2010 9:23:03 PM
Fourth time!

Warwick is pretty terrible. He doesn't really bring much presence to a team fight and is a terrible tank and is not as good of a DPS character as Yi or even Jax.
#10anilEhilatedPosted 1/25/2010 9:09:56 AM
Hey, I wrote that a patch ago.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.