Nasus Build

#1wiser123Posted 1/19/2010 3:40:25 AM
Hey guys,

I have been playing Nasus a lot lately and i was just wondering what a good build for him is.
I usually start with the sapphire crystal and 2 hp pot. Then I buy a ruby crystal and basic boots. I then upgrade to catalyst the protector, and boots of swiftness. Then depending on how the game is going I might get a heart of gold. The catalyst usually ends up becoming banshees veil.

After this im not really sure what to get. Is it worth stacking any ap?

Any help is much appreciated.
---
ding
#27Nitro7Blazer7Posted 1/19/2010 3:54:52 AM
If you're getting a heart of gold get it sooner rather than later. the Gp5 is great.

I don't play Nasus though, so I dunno if he's AP or DPS as far as his actual damage is concerned.
---
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7
#3Wolf_Link_Posted 1/19/2010 6:24:34 AM
I don't use Nasus much, only once or twice for fun. From what I've heard about him, though, you should probably build a Trinity Force at some point.
---
Call me Zurr. Not 'Wolf', 'Link', or any other silly thing you think of. Zurr.
#4VoidgolemPosted 1/19/2010 7:21:07 AM
You want a sheen.

Beyond that, not a lot of point for ability power, he does need a lot of mana, though.
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#5Xano1234Posted 1/19/2010 8:32:35 AM
The past couple people I have played with commented on my great Nasus build.

Basically I go for Mana regeneration at the beginning and spam spirit fire so enemy champions cannot farm.

I get items that give me mana regeneration and ability cooldown later in the game.

Late game with his ult, and his siphon strike, he can pretty much solo any hero.

As for ability builds, I take Spirit fire first whenever that is available. I get siphon strike 2nd and then his ult. I wait until the end to get Wither because it isn't really useful until you have the power to actually attack a champion.

Also depends on summoner build....for my summoner and runes I have like +16 armor right from the start and with 4% mana aand health regen and some magic resist.

I focus on surviving encounters so I can keep harassing the enemy.

I have tried attack speed, life steal, damage, and tank builds and none of them work as well as this one.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#6RaydricLordPosted 1/19/2010 10:47:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7RaydricLordPosted 1/19/2010 11:44:53 AM
I have my own specific build for building Nasus and I won't tell you all about it, but I'll tell you some parts and give you some advice on Nasus. Although I haven't played Nasus for a while, but I have played him enough to probably main him.

For builds, you must get Sheen. There is no other item you should be getting first. Sheen is by far the best first item because it scales so well with Siphoning Strike. You activate Siphoning Strike and last hit a creep. Your SS will be so much stronger and guaranteed to get that last hit which will buff your Siphoning Strike up. From that point on, you get your shoes. You might want a Frozen Heart because cooldown reduction and extra mana/armor is always nice. Avoid getting mana regen items because I feel that they don't scale well despite how much you're going to be spamming Spirit Fire(which you should try to avoid), so just buy mana pots. I buy 4-5 mana pots, and I never run out of mana afterward (this is for my Malphite, not sure about Nasus). From then on, work on Trinity Force I guess. Items like Trinity Force are useless very late game because they're expensive and you'll never get the chance to use them since you're game is pretty much done. I'll leave the other item choices to you. Remember, you want to be hybrid build. Focusing on one thing is never really a good idea on Nasus. You're a pusher/annoyer/semi-tank/semi-DPS. Use them all.

For summoner skills, you need Cleanse above all else. Then the last one is up to you (Flash/Teleport/Ghost). Ghost for chasing/running, teleport for superior presence, and flash for anything.

Feel free to solo golem for buff because your life steal allows you to jungle better than most non-jungling builds. In addition, you should be pushing lanes as often as you can when everyone is going around for ganks and your ulti is down.

Your skillset should be as follows in priority from most important to least important: Avatar of Death>Spirit Fire>Siphoning Strike>Wither. Make sure you get 1 point into every skill first though. Wither at lvl 1 will last you the entire game. You want low mana cost on Siphoning Strike anyway since you'll be spamming it often and more often than Spirit Fire hopefully.

I can't give much advice about runes.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC: Zev, 4425 7842 6332
Pokemon Diamond FC: Zev, 0902 9586 8138
#8wiser123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2010 2:17:45 PM
thanks, thats some good advice.

I finally understand why everyone says to get sheen now.
---
ding
#9VordraxPosted 1/19/2010 2:41:00 PM
I finally understand why everyone says to get sheen now.

Aye, Sheen is amazing for anyone with on-next-hit abilities, and lots of spammable abilities (so long as you work in auto-attacks.)

Sheen -> Trinity Force for Nasus, Poppy, Blitzcrank, Udyr.

Sheen -> Lichbane for Twisted Fate, and possibly Annie/Veigar/Ryze (they have a ranged auto-attack and low-cooldown nukes with time to auto-attack, it adds a surprisingly high amount of overall damage.)

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and
#10VordraxPosted 1/19/2010 2:41:30 PM
Oh, and Sheen for pirate. Can't remember if you upgrade to a Trinity Force for him though.

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and