Amumu tips

#11mafiafunPosted 1/21/2010 6:13:23 PM
Well if he lowers that much magic resistance, wth does he dmg with? lmao.

I remember back when this game first came out, he would be unstoppable with 5 sunfire capes - until people realized you can use magic resistance.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#12Twinrova225Posted 1/21/2010 7:53:54 PM
That's the thing though, Sunfire Capes aren't exclusive to Amumu. Heck, they benfit Rammus just as much, if not more. Not to mention, Amumu's abilities aren't exactly high damage abilities.

---
Seriously. I hope that if you buy a boxed copy of it when it comes out , the guy at the counter just says, "No." -- screamingknife
#13mcksalg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2010 8:11:10 AM
How many Capes is enough for decent DPS, I normally try to shoot for 3 but by end of game I end up with 2. I don't get many kills but I get 15+ Ats, depends on my team though. Also is it worth getting the Thornmail for extra help?
#14mafiafunPosted 1/22/2010 10:21:09 AM
If they focus on you, maybe. You'd have to test it out.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#15CalmOfEmptinessPosted 1/22/2010 8:26:58 PM
Thornmail would be fantastic on Ammumu, but only if you can convince the enemy to attack you in the first place.
#16mafiafunPosted 1/22/2010 8:49:05 PM
I've quite easily ignored amumu many times until last without problems.
---
#17NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 1/23/2010 9:41:37 PM

Don't play the Bad Mummy.

Please. I can't count how many times I've had an amumu on my team and lost.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1558/kendamarisa.gif
#18mcksalg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2010 7:58:22 AM
I am good with Amumu the trick is not to spam his abilities have to be patient with him, and lane with a good partner in the beginning, once you got your cape you can farm for more cash. I kill golem alot, then leave Dispair on for a while. I have soloed 2 champs with a suped up mummy with no prob. Hes really a stunning machine for support. I soften enemy up for my team with DPS and stuns then run and heal.
#19CalmOfEmptinessPosted 1/25/2010 1:19:11 PM
I am good with Amumu the trick is not to spam his abilities have to be patient with him, and lane with a good partner in the beginning, once you got your cape you can farm for more cash. I kill golem alot, then leave Dispair on for a while. I have soloed 2 champs with a suped up mummy with no prob. Hes really a stunning machine for support. I soften enemy up for my team with DPS and stuns then run and heal.

Your "trick" with him can be said for almost every other champion in the game.

Amumu works pretty well with Fiddlesticks, maybe Nunu, and that's about it. He's just not a threat.
#20VordraxPosted 1/25/2010 3:48:41 PM
The problem with Amumu is that his ultimate is a weaker version of Malphite's. The Mummy deals more damage, but Malphite tends to be much more frightening.

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and