Tier List (from top ELO players)

#1stonewall_heroPosted 1/27/2010 5:24:14 PM
Tier 1: Twisted Fate, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Alistar, Corki
Tier 2: Anivia, Twitch, Annie, Malphite, Taric, Morgana, Amumu
Tier 3: Nasus, Nidalee, Kayle, Blitzcrank, Tristana, Shaco
Tier 4: Kassadin, Cho'Gath, Nunu, Karthus, Sion, Gangplank, Katarina
Tier 5: Udyr, Ashe, Rammus, Heimerdinger, Master Yi, Dr. Mundo

Fairly Worthless (need some love): Singed, Jax, Tryndamere, Veigar, Ryze, Janna, Poppy, Teemo, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

All of this applies to TEAM GAMES. I know some people will cry and say "omg teemo in trash tier" well there are reasons for everything.

Sure you can stomp pug games with teemo and solo games- but in high level team games he brings nothing to the table. Some of the lower tier ones are not necessarily bad but for the roles they are meant to play there are those that do it a thousand times better.

Twisted Fate is beyond every other hero- in fact he is the only legitimately broken character in the game.

Pre emptive defense- Soraka is not bad even I was surprised she's there. However, she's very easily countered because of the item system and the dreaded executioner's calling.

Again- this tier applies to HIGH LEVEL TEAMS. Random disorganized teams can benefit from almost any hero- some still suck though.
#2Hydrox_ZPosted 1/27/2010 5:27:07 PM
Is this the L0CUST list?
#3stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 5:33:30 PM
Actually it is- though I strongly agree with it and it went similar to mine. His opinion is more valid than others and considering if you ignore stupid banter from some of the posters in the original topic and take into account some of the valid arguments being brought in from other top players (even regular ones) the list is basically strong.

Even with this list though the middle is a little iffy but bottom and top are solid.
---
Sometimes you can become so predictable you become unpredictable
#4CalmOfEmptinessPosted 1/27/2010 5:34:02 PM
Tier 1: Twisted Fate, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Alistar, Corki
Tier 2: Anivia, Twitch, Annie, Malphite, Taric, Morgana, Amumu
Tier 3: Nasus, Nidalee, Kayle, Blitzcrank, Tristana, Shaco
Tier 4: Kassadin, Cho'Gath, Nunu, Karthus, Sion, Gangplank, Katarina
Tier 5: Udyr, Ashe, Rammus, Heimerdinger, Master Yi, Dr. Mundo

Fairly Worthless (need some love): Singed, Jax, Tryndamere, Veigar, Ryze, Janna, Poppy, Teemo, Soraka, Zilean, Warwick, Evelynn

The ones I bolded legitimately surprised me.

I didn't think Taric was THAT good, I mean his ultimate is amazing and he has a stun, but he's slow and not very tough for a tank.

And I really did not expect Amumu to be up there. I was under the impression that he's just not enough of a threat to be a true tank.

I didn't think Tryrandemere was trash.

Teemo is the most surprising. As far as teamwork goes, he brings map awareness to the table and can disable any one physical carry immediately while putting out as nearly as much damage as Tristana. I always thought his survivability and ability to gank would put him with characters like Kayle, Nasus and the aforementioned Tristana.

But whatever. I'd like to know where you found this tier list, TC.
#5Hydrox_ZPosted 1/27/2010 5:40:43 PM
Tyrandemere can't do much of anything anymore.
Teemo can basikly be replaced with some wards and exhaust.
#6stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 5:42:24 PM
Taric- I started playing with him when the game came out.

Low level- He was damn good. MId level - no organization so started to suck
Top level- as teams became better (those odd times they didn't suck) they took advantage of Taric's auras and pushing abilities.

Taric is a good pusher. In high elo game- the laning phases usually end at 6-7 and that's where the team fights and team objectives begin. Taric's radiance makes taking down an undefended turret easy. He's good in a physical heavy team as well.

Aura Taric is the only way to play him- he can't tank regularly. If you stack auras on him and you are responsible for buffing your entire team- your enemies might see you as a threat and will actually target you.
---

Tryndamere- has a terrible laning phase and can hardly farm because of that. Like most melee in the game- stun and burn down- stun before he gets off his ult and he's dead. I don't know much but at High Elo you don't see him often and he's hardly a threat anymore (unless he is fed of course).

---

High Elo teams use wards making the mushrooms semi ward thing pointless. He's an anti carry of course but thanks to wards everywhere you won't get the chance to fire at the carry. You say you can just beeline toward him? The enemy tank will stop you and you'll be bursted down.

The metagame right now is mobility, burst and crowd control.
---
#7stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 5:46:01 PM
Oh and amumu- sure he does crap damage and his ult is on a high cd but guess what? He's not meant to kill things if not guarantee his partners kill the enemy.

Since burst governs the meta game - he can guarantee several of the enemy team to stay in place long enough for them to die- he is also a really good initiator.

That's what a good tank needs- survivability, crowd control and initiation. Take for example- mundo. Sure he won't go down easily but he lacks the other two things so that's why he's a bad tank.

Now look at the best tank at the moment- Alistar. God damn he has an amazing stun, he's hard to take down and he can initiate just by waltzing in. He is also a powerful pusher and has a displacement ability (punt).
---
#8NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 1/27/2010 5:47:35 PM
Saw this on the forums, and I can't say I agree with his placement of Amumu and Veigar.
---
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3062/marisae.jpg
#9stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 5:52:53 PM
Remember- this tier applies to TEAMS and HIGH END games.

Veigar's AoE is unreliable and he's mostly single target. At the same time he has a hard time in the laning phase.

That being said most teams have only one caster. Veigar is an anti caster and he'd be taking the spot from an actually useful caster.
---
#10stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2010 3:10:32 AM
There is one thing about tier lists that annoys me. Often times the tier lists are created by those who know the game inside yet some people cannot understand that.

Other tier lists popped up on the official forums- some good and some really bad- and the same type of people show up to lend useless comments.

"Eve is weak? LMAO" yeah she is you fool- she defeats low level scrubs l like you. (just giving an example of some of the people there)

There was even one poster who have literally the most useless post of all time. "I'm not high elo and i'm relatively new yet every game I've been Eve dominated the game- I don't think she should be low tier." I facepalmed severely.
---