Tier List (from top ELO players)

#21CalmOfEmptinessPosted 1/28/2010 4:55:30 PM
Calm- do you use Teemo? If you do your arguments are likely governed by bias.

No. I have never played Teemo ever.

Listen- Teemo can shut down a carry but at the same time- will he have a chance? Little chance he'll sneak up on someone if there are wards and clairvoyance in effect. He can't get close without being snared and one shotted

I was thinking about conditions in a team fight. But yeah, I guess Teemo is mostly outdone by Twitch and wards besides the blind.
#22returnofbeansPosted 1/28/2010 5:05:22 PM
damn, after looking at this topic i think i wasted my IP. i just bought ashe when i was saving up for morgana. now that's about 2-5 games more depening on how it goes, that i have play to unlock her.
---
LIKE A GOOD SPICY-BEAN AND CHEESE BURRITO, I SHALL RETURN!!!
aiding in the fight to gnaw Faith to death. MMSF3 BA FC 3824-7183-9863
#23Hydrox_ZPosted 1/28/2010 5:56:45 PM
ashe isn't very expensive and she's a playable character in pugs

realistically if you aren't getting targeted and killed by two members of the enemy team every thirty seconds (i.e. not playing at top tiers), go ahead and use ashe
#24Hydrox_ZPosted 1/28/2010 6:00:41 PM
But yeah, I guess Teemo is mostly outdone by Twitch and wards besides the blind.

even worse, everything teemo can do twisted fate can do it way better

using speed to maneuver for ganks? gate's faster
using blind to help for team fights? stun's better
planting shrooms for map awareness? destiny's better
#25HosedAndHappyPosted 1/28/2010 6:09:00 PM
This list fails here because 95% of the people on these boards don't play with teams that are organized enough to take advantage of everything that some of the "upper tier" champions have to offer. People will just see the top tier and jump into pick up games and get torn apart. Some of the upper team champions really only have one thing going for them, albeit it's one really good thing, and if people aren't in situations to exploit these things they'll be just as successful, maybe even more successful, picking some of the champions listed as lower tier on this list.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're not considering going pro this list should have very little impact on who you choose to play with.
---
I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people.
#26stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2010 6:11:07 PM
That is true with exceptions though- some heroes are just bad and some heroes dominate pugs even worse. Twisted Fate can make or break a game easily- he doesn't need a team to make him useful (deadlier yes).

Some heroes- like Ryze and Mundo - are just gimped. I do play ryze though and that makes me a bit sad.
---
Sometimes you can become so predictable you become unpredictable
#27NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 1/28/2010 8:34:18 PM
Also remember that some of the upper tier champions take quite a bit of practice to play correctly. For example, this week is free TF week, and I have seen several newbie TFs unable to get gold cards most of the time. My last game was even better, our TF had an infinity edge.
---
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2303/32146188.jpg
#28Hydrox_ZPosted 1/28/2010 9:52:00 PM
how was he able to farm up to get an infinity edge
#29NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 1/28/2010 10:46:33 PM
He had some kills since he at least had a sheen, and there were a lot of times when both sides were low from skirmishes, so he mopped up with destiny+gate.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1558/kendamarisa.gif
#307Nitro7Blazer7Posted 1/29/2010 12:26:35 AM

Tyrandemere can't do much of anything anymore.
Teemo can basikly be replaced with some wards and exhaust.

Blinding dart is much lower CD than exhaust. And mushrooms are free, and do have the occasional more uses than wards.

Trynd is pretty poor yeah.
---
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7