The single biggest problem with this game

#1starrkPosted 2/3/2010 12:24:58 AM
Is leavers pre-match start. Seriously. Especially the asses that wait 1 minute and 29 seconds before leaving because they don't like their team comp.
---
All men must die. But first we'll live.
#2RockchosN1Posted 2/3/2010 1:54:47 AM
it was alot worse on dota
#3starrk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 8:50:26 AM
Yeah, that's true.
---
#4Wolfdog65Posted 2/3/2010 9:42:24 AM

Chicken **** shouldn't even play

#5simcowkingPosted 2/3/2010 12:25:26 PM

Is leavers pre-match start. Seriously. Especially the asses that wait 1 minute and 29 seconds before leaving because they don't like their team comp.

If the team is composed of 4 melee carries and you're the only one willing to switch to play a tank, then I think a leaving with 1:29 left is perfectly fine. Yes, you just wasted someones 2 minutes, but you saved everyone a freakin' 20 minute game because the carries will all get stomped early and not be able to even make it to late game to unlock the potential.

If the team somehow rolls around with 4 tanks and you're the only one being a person who can deal damage, you might as well leave. (althouh if you have 4 tanks on your team, they are probably damn good tanks cause no one plays tanks in solo queue less they're good as them anymore)
#6stonewall_heroPosted 2/3/2010 1:44:15 PM
There was a game recorded in which one team had 5 tanks and they all stacked sunfire capes--- they were hard to kill and being near them was suicide. The enemy team wasn't smart enough to grab some magic resistance.
#7CalmOfEmptinessPosted 2/3/2010 2:06:57 PM
The way to alleviate this problem is to talk in the pre-team chat. You could convince people to switch characters and spells.

Now, if they alotted more time to talk that would be nice.
#8thepotatomanPosted 2/3/2010 4:00:33 PM
Im thinking the 1:30 leavers are probably just glitched. I know the game has forced me out randomly at 1:30 and the game must not have started since restarting the game browser ask for me to reconnect.
#9NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 2/3/2010 5:10:21 PM
It's called queue dodging, and I do it when I have an eve, warwick, and 2 squishies on my team at character select.
---
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/882/murderousmeido.jpg
#10starrk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 5:26:18 PM
It's called queue dodging, and I do it when I have an eve, warwick, and 2 squishies on my team at character select.

I am perfectly aware of what it is called, and I can't stand people that do it. And as I said, the single thing this game needs most IMO is a real punishment mechanism to prevent people from doing it. So you have an Eve and a Warwick on your team? Cry me a river.
---