Depressing Losing Streak

#1stonewall_heroPosted 2/5/2010 2:39:20 PM
Man - my friend and I always group up for games and lately we have been getting into nothing but bad games with either terrible partners or good partners with terrible hero choices.

When I solo queue it usually goes better but I added 8 losses to my record and it has me down. I'm gave league of legends a small break because of this.

Any known consequences for grouping up with just one friend?
#2xHFxPosted 2/5/2010 3:32:00 PM
I played with one friend for the past 5 games or so and we've won all of them. Pretty sure it's just bad luck on your part.
#3Jeev-Posted 2/6/2010 12:39:01 AM
If It helps I had an 8 game losing streak, one win and then 11 losses in a row...
Think about how I felt... and it wasn't like I sucked (or others in my team sucked although a few did...) most of those were due to Leavers, Feeders and Ragequitters... =/
Still trying to make up for it...
#4NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 2/6/2010 2:45:41 AM
When you play AT, even with a 2-man AT, the MM substantially increases your base ELO and matches you with what it thinks would be suitable opponents for you 2.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8125/newtonandleibniz.png
#5luxssPosted 2/6/2010 2:48:37 AM

When grouping with other people system treats you like a premade, that means overall ELO of your team dor matchmaking system is higher than in reality. How much higher depends on number of arranged members (2 would influence just a little).

Anyway matchmaking system is meant to find you matches appropriate and in the long turn you should have 50/50 % win/loose ratio.

I would say you just had a streak of bad luck.

#6stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2010 2:53:20 AM
It was depressing. Hell I bought Panthenon and I always do well - until mid game when the group fights start. My partners usually don't do squat.

Anyhow- I just think the game has gotten to the point where even the worst players have reached level 30 and playing solo is like playing russian roulette.

I tried using even my best hero- KAYLE - as i've been able to carry even terrible teams using her and my ratio with her is actually damn good. It's come to the point that I can't even save some teams with her.
#7NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 2/6/2010 3:22:30 AM
It's one of the reasons why people queue dodge. Also, level is never an indication of skill, especially since you can lose your way to 30.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8125/newtonandleibniz.png
#8GBALoserPosted 2/6/2010 12:35:05 PM
I'm barely have more wins than losses after over 400 games. It's the chance you take with any random queue.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#9starrkPosted 2/6/2010 12:46:40 PM
I'm barely have more wins than losses after over 400 games. It's the chance you take with any random queue.

Actually, that mainly means the matchmaking system is doing its job.
---
All men must die. But first we'll live.
#10stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2010 9:07:13 PM
Finally broke the streak- but it was against a really bad team. Their team composition was so sad- Warwick, Ryze, Eve, Twitch and Taric. Surprised no one on their team dodged.

I may have broken my streak- but it wasn't that satisfying