Pantheon tips?

#1AsucaHayashiPosted 2/15/2010 2:26:43 PM
having a hard time with this hero especially since he's so damn squishy like yi or whatever but at least yi has decent survivability.

apparently pantheon is really reliant on a good early game for pure damage farming and i usually start out with:

meki pendant/hp pots > chalice
boots
(some have said an early brutalizer greatly helps but i haven't tried)
bf sword

from there i wouldn't know where to go... usually a mix between dmg, lifesteal and AS.

skills: one of each, then continue to switch between spear and heartseeker(QE) since jump only lowers the CD a bit with a slight dmg increase.

summoner: flash/exhaust(ghost)
summoner spells work with ulti which means as soon as the green ring appear you can fire off your skills... i use flash to get the closer for more damage upon impact then chase them down with exhaust(or the other way around too).

runes: i only kept two sets of runes... one for crit and one for ap and don't have IP to buy more lol so obviously i'm going the crit route.

masteries: don't know his best option.

even after all this though he still seems so hard to play without getting squished down especially during mid/late game.
so any good tips on how to play him well?
---
http://i30.tinypic.com/20z9ukx.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/phillyX/o0800106710285659015.jpg
#2TheYounginPosted 2/15/2010 4:04:37 PM
i start off with 3x health pot and boots, then buy two BF swords, whichever boots will help me out most (usually mercury's treads) and then upgrade the BF swords to bloodseekers

early game really is incredibly important for pantheon so having a good partner with you is essential; and to that end, good partners ive had were: teemo, kayle, nasus, and evelynn (evelynn is especially an amazing partner for pantheon).

---
Some people just need a swift kick in the ass
XBL:Vote Palpatine | PSN: Orange Julious | Steam: Spacepope
#3nothv13Posted 2/15/2010 4:14:25 PM
No need for the meki or chalice. I start with either vampiric scepter or a regrowth pendent and hope that the other team doesn't harrass me too much. After that I lane until I can get a bf sword. From there I usually get movement 2 boots and then a bloodthirster.

From there it all depends on what i need. Sometimes I go frozen mallet, sometimes I go Last whisperer. I've even gotten warmogs at this point before.

You really do need a good partner and not be overly aggressive, Honestly I usually get a kill on any overly aggressive pantheon in my lane. Played right Pantheon has more survivability than Yi.
#4VoidgolemPosted 2/15/2010 6:15:48 PM
I find going Mana crystal > Catalyst helps a bit with earlygame, and late game you can upgrade it to banshee's so you don't implode when a caster looks in your general direction >.>

Other than that, whore damage. (and, of course, shoes.)
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#5VeeVeesPosted 2/16/2010 12:17:40 AM
rushing butt **** sword is the most efficient way to go money wise but it's damn hard if you don't dominate your lane. buying a cheap damage item and then sell it after boots is probably more practical.
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#6NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 2/16/2010 12:36:52 AM
Pantheon item build is almost exactly the same as AD Kat. Basically shoot for BF swords, and upgrade them to BTs. Some tend to get brutalizers first though.
---
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2303/32146188.jpg
#7DemenoidPosted 2/16/2010 4:14:47 AM
when i play pantheon I have nearly always top kills.

in the beginning its quite handy to jump somebody, harras em alot wiv spearshot and then finally jump in and go for the kill.

when you got your ulti keep an eye out for the other lane and jump in to get em.

i also think lifesteal + attackspeed is so handy (wiv some crit aswell)

i got attacked by a gangplank and twitch(both on full hp) and i had full ^hp aswell, i was so fast hitting and i managed to kill em both wiv 20% hp left.

this is how i play em, gg
#8VeeVeesPosted 2/16/2010 8:23:33 PM
they must be horrible horrible gangplank and twitch
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#9GiggleGrassPosted 2/27/2010 10:30:50 PM
i think corki is much squishier, i cant get de hang of him, i dun even have a decent combo to att like cho, rupture, his other hurt ablilty, and his ulti
---
I'm so powerful I can make you read my sig.
#10nothv13Posted 2/28/2010 4:32:48 AM
when i play pantheon I have nearly always top kills.

in the beginning its quite handy to jump somebody, harras em alot wiv spearshot and then finally jump in and go for the kill.

when you got your ulti keep an eye out for the other lane and jump in to get em.

i also think lifesteal + attackspeed is so handy (wiv some crit aswell)

i got attacked by a gangplank and twitch(both on full hp) and i had full ^hp aswell, i was so fast hitting and i managed to kill em both wiv 20% hp left.

this is how i play em, gg

I laugh at AS Pantheon. With AD your heartseeker strike can take out upwards of 3/4s someones health at which point a spear throw and AA (with auto crit, why stack lots of crit with this guy?) will kill the target Pretty much if you are not going AD you are failing at Pantheon. The only benefit to having AS is popping your shield more often, but that does not blak spells, leaving you defenseless against anyone but autoattackers.