Lagging EEEEAAAHHHH!!!

#1Wolfdog65Posted 2/16/2010 8:27:29 AM

What causes lagging? Is it my CPU? my Internet? or the Server?

#2starrkPosted 2/16/2010 9:35:29 AM
Your internet connection probably.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.
#3Wolfdog65(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 11:13:29 AM

The Weird thing is I have great internet. I'm usually the 1st player to load.

#4starrkPosted 2/16/2010 1:59:13 PM
If you load fast, it means you have a good computer. If you lag, it means you have a bad internet connection, which is a different question altogether. Watch your ping. Is it high? Does it ever spike high? That's what matters.
---
#5Wolfdog65(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2010 7:51:23 AM
Thanx for the info
#6mafiafunPosted 2/17/2010 7:59:36 PM
Constant lag? Lag spikes? Random spikes?

Random spikes are the server. Occasional hiccups are computer. Constant lag is your connection.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#7starrkPosted 2/17/2010 8:35:02 PM
Random spikes are the server. Occasional hiccups are computer.

One specific thing I had trouble with was my latency was constantly very good, but then it would periodically (often enough that it would happen in most loading screens) spike red. Turns out that was related to Windows Vista being programmed by a bunch of hacks and constantly crushing all traffic while it searched for new wireless connections.
---
#8Treason686Posted 2/17/2010 9:39:37 PM
One specific thing I had trouble with was my latency was constantly very good, but then it would periodically (often enough that it would happen in most loading screens) spike red. Turns out that was related to Windows Vista being programmed by a bunch of hacks and constantly crushing all traffic while it searched for new wireless connections.

Yep. The problem with your theory is Vista only searches for new networks if it tells you to. It doesn't kill your connection because of it.
---
|| PSN + 360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 OCZ Gold || GTX 260 Core 216 || HP w2408h
#9starrkPosted 2/17/2010 10:49:37 PM
Yep. The problem with your theory is Vista only searches for new networks if it tells you to. It doesn't kill your connection because of it.

Look, here's what I know. I found a website recommended by a ton of people that said Vista causes lag spikes by constantly searching for new network connections and that gave a specific way to disable this behavior. I followed their instructions, and the problem disappeared immediately.

Perhaps Vista SHOULDN'T kill my connection by searching for networks, but as far as I can tell it did. And unless you can give me a better explanation, I don't see why I should believe otherwise.
---