Team Compositions

#1VordraxPosted 2/17/2010 7:13:33 PM
For those of you who play 5-man premades, what are some of the team comps you generally run?

Our (current) comp is: Alistar (me) + Gangplank lane, Yeti mid, Teemo vs 2, Fiddlesticks jungling. This works out fairly well, especially during teamfights- we have about a 77% win ratio.

However, recently we were absolutely demolished by a heal-heavy team, since they could outlast our initial AoE burst. It was, IIRC, Nidalee, Sivir, Taric, Alistar, and Gangplank. We simply couldn't do enough damage to them, even with Teemo using Executioner's.

We're currently in the process of altering our comp to the following: Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Kayle (physical DPS), Pantheon/Sivir, and Amumu. It seems potentially solid, but we haven't actually run it yet.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and
#2starrkPosted 2/17/2010 7:32:40 PM
When I do teams, I play with a group of 3 pretty dedicated people plus 2 random (much) less practiced friends. Our core group does:

Middle: Trist
Top: Amumu + Anivia

Our friends are some combo of Blitzcrank/TF/Nasus/Zilean/Kass usually. It's not super-optimized but it does well. I think we win 80% or so, and are on a 10+ game streak currently.

Amumu goes a long way towards helping with DPS even if our friends are not doing well.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.
#3Vordrax(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2010 7:48:11 PM
How do you find Amumu compares to Alistar?

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and
#4starrkPosted 2/17/2010 8:31:54 PM
Hard to say. We used to have Anivia play Alistair and Amumu play Veigar, and that worked quite well too, but then the Alistair/Anivia player decided he thought tanking was too boring. Soooo we haven't tried that for a while =P.

The Amumu/Anivia pair probably does work better for us, but that's probably mainly because it's more self-reliant and doesn't need our two random friends to contribute as much DPS.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.
#5Hydrox_ZPosted 2/17/2010 8:47:05 PM
Our team normally looks something like this:

Alistar/Sivir
Twisted Fate
Taric/Twitch

or

Fiddlesticks
Taric/Twitch
Alistar/Sivir

(yo putting two at mid for mass awesome)
#6DartkunPosted 2/17/2010 9:39:30 PM
We're currently in the process of altering our comp to the following: Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Kayle (physical DPS), Pantheon/Sivir, and Amumu. It seems potentially solid, but we haven't actually run it yet.

Kayle is a poor Physical character. Play her AP Anti-carry.

Go Alistar/Kayle top. Solo Sivir (Or panth, but I think sivir would be better to push), Amumu solo bot and jungle fiddle.

Alistar Kayle will focus on gimping top lane. Sivir should just focus on downing the first tower. (Enemy mid will probably have to attempt to gank top to reduce pressure), Amumu should focus on defending the tower and power leveling via AoE. Fiddle should jungle and roam.