So... am I missing something or is there really only one map?

#11CharliesixPosted 3/1/2010 10:02:43 AM
In FPS games, certain classes/weapons are very weak or strong in certain maps. So it's not a big deal that different maps favor different champions.
#12anilEhilatedPosted 3/1/2010 12:09:44 PM
Except that in FPS, those weapons are available to everyone all the time.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#13CalmOfEmptinessPosted 3/1/2010 2:34:19 PM
In FPS games, certain classes/weapons are very weak or strong in certain maps. So it's not a big deal that different maps favor different champions.

Imagine being able to only use one class and one weapon the ENTIRE time on the map.
#14gary_foPosted 3/2/2010 7:29:36 AM
^but you know the map ahead of time, so you pick a champion that fits that map. It isn't like you pick Warwick, expecting TT, and then go to Summoner's Rift. Same with an FPS, you find out it's a small map, so you pick a shotgun or close range weapon.
---
(no sarcasm in this message, just to be completely clear, except sarcasm about the need to point out sarcasm in message board posts)
#15NinjaBoyLaoPosted 3/3/2010 8:16:19 AM
Twisted Treeline will be playabale in normal games soon™

IIRC Tryndamere said that the 2nd map will be playable in about a month or 2.
---
From Out of the Ashes I Leap! Hiyaah! I Challenge Thee!
http://tinypainter.deviantart.com/
#16CalmOfEmptinessPosted 3/3/2010 10:57:29 AM
^but you know the map ahead of time, so you pick a champion that fits that map. It isn't like you pick Warwick, expecting TT, and then go to Summoner's Rift. Same with an FPS, you find out it's a small map, so you pick a shotgun or close range weapon.

Duh.

And now we've come full circle to the balancing issues. The thing that is wracking Riot's brains is how to make medic packs useful in a map like that.