some nunu questions

#1Shikamaru100Posted 3/21/2010 1:52:46 PM
for his ult, i see some people playing him end it early, which i understand does less damage, but sometimes is necessary, how to do that?

does his freeze spells, ice blast and absolute zero, stack with the freeze of rylai's scepter?

does blood boil stack?

thanks
---
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Verbal Kint
--- PSN: geezuschryste
#2Frost_bornePosted 3/21/2010 3:56:54 PM
1: His ult ends early because people damage him while he does it. It's even possible to stop him entirely if damaged enough (or killed while charging).

2: Yes, those freezes stack with item procs, but with Rylai's scepter, the reduced speed reduction (lulz) applies to his ult, because it's multiple target.

3. *shrug* Never checked.
---
So Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Monsieur, a drink?". Descartes replies, "No, I think not", and then disappears.
#3VhialPosted 3/21/2010 9:03:03 PM

Let me add...if you, or a friend is good a nunu...the other needs to learn fiddle, badly...that is an insane combo!

#4DartkunPosted 3/21/2010 9:09:13 PM
for his ult, i see some people playing him end it early, which i understand does less damage, but sometimes is necessary, how to do that?

You just move, any click will cancel Nunu's Ult

does his freeze spells, ice blast and absolute zero, stack with the freeze of rylai's scepter?

NO! Only the strongest effect works!

"You can have multiple slows on a target but only the strongest one is active. For example: You have Rylai's (35% slow for 2 seconds) and an ability that slows 20% for 5 seconds. You use the ability and the target has both effects active. For the first two seconds the target is slowed by 35% (Rylai's) and for the remaining three seconds it is slowed for 20% (your ability). "

does blood boil stack?

If you are asking if BB stacks with itself. No

If you are asking if BB stacks with other speed boosting abilities. Yes it does.
#5MadTimPosted 3/21/2010 9:21:05 PM
Also, that guys who said you can end his ult early by hurting him enough is wrong. No amount of damage beside killing him will end his ult. Anything that stuns or moves him though will end it.
IE most of Alistar and Blitz's attacks.
Also, GET SOUL STEALER! Its the best for him. I use clarity and flash with him and I've only lost a few times as him. I kick so much butt with him. Anyone who can make someone stay put is a good lane mate. Blitz, alistar, ryze, and so on.
---
"Work harder!! Millions or people on welfare depend on it!!!"
#67Nitro7Blazer7Posted 3/21/2010 11:14:59 PM
^ Don't listen to that guy. You're a tank, chances are you will die. Mejais will be wasted.

Banshees -> Aegis -> Frozen heart or RoA. Against decent people you will NEVER land your ult. What your ult is there for is to MAKE them focus fire you. Which is what tanks want.

Even if you DO get your ult off with No AP, it'll still hurt.
---
|~~\|~|= = <Insert witty quote here>
|_|\__| = = GT: aclineN7
#7VeeVeesPosted 3/22/2010 12:21:02 AM
item slow will stack with ability slow (not fully).
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#8MadTimPosted 3/22/2010 9:10:18 AM
This is what you get when you ask for tips from gamefaqs. You're better off at the official website's boards. That guy must really stink if he can never get his ult off as nunu. I usually have full stacks by the time I hit level 14 but maybe its because I know how to play him. Soul stealer is the most AP you can get from any item as long as you don't suck. Also remember you get 1 stack for assists two so the best thing to do is use your ult when a team fight is under way and if you have to cut it early, do so.
Keep blood boil up on yourself as well as a good physical carry when you can. If you time it right you can chain it to where you always have blood boil on you and someone else, my lane mates always love me. I play ap nunu though and that guy is trying to say nunu is a tank. This shows you how much he knows.

---
#9MadTimPosted 3/22/2010 9:30:07 AM
This is a good guide here
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/330,Nunu%2C+So+much+AP+every+1+will+remember+you!
I vary a little as any serious player should. Its all about taking what others can teach you and adjusting it to your play style.
I usually start with the book like that guide says then build my soul stealer ASAP so I can start stacking it. Then I go for shoes or start my banshee. The reason I rush banshee so hard after soul stealer is so I can survive better. It also make it to where its harder for other heroes to knock you out of your ult which is horrible. The reason you stack AP is not just for you ult but for your snowball as well. The snowball is you bread and butter. Use it to harass the heck out of the people in your lane. Since nunu is so dependent on mana and I don't go for mana regen I usually pick CLARITY and FLASH as my summoner abilities and get the mysteries in the tree for those. For my runes I have a AP book that has a mix of AP, MAGIC PEN, and Cool down reduction runes.
I pick snowball first then the devour and then focus on snowball and bloodboil while upping my ult when it is a choice upon level up. Bloodboil is great for taking towers and hunter heroes that are trying to run. Also, if your at a tower with a physical dps like Yi, use blood boil on him before yourself since he is better at taking the tower down quickly.
Some items to go for after soulstealer, banshee, and sorcerer's shoes are
Void staff-great magic pen
Zhonya's ring-Best AP item in the game next to soulstealer
ANY AP item that the situation calls for. Sometimes you just got to wing it for the situation.

---
#10DartkunPosted 3/22/2010 11:08:53 AM
7Nitro7Blazer7 | Posted 3/22/2010 1:14:59 AM | message detail
^ Don't listen to that guy. You're a tank, chances are you will die. Mejais will be wasted.

Banshees -> Aegis -> Frozen heart or RoA. Against decent people you will NEVER land your ult. What your ult is there for is to MAKE them focus fire you. Which is what tanks want.

Even if you DO get your ult off with No AP, it'll still hurt.

Nunu is like the worst of the psuedo-tanks. ANYONE smarter than a sack of potatoes wouldn't attack a tank nunu who has no AP items.

Get AP items or you will be worthless.