Heimerdinger, upgraded or gone forever ?!

#1CyrusViRuZPosted 3/25/2010 5:11:13 AM
Heimerdinger

* H-28G Evolution Turret (remake)
o Green turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, reducing Armor and Magic Resist on hit. Red Turrets spawn at level 5 and cause area of effect damage on hit.
o Turrets damage increased to 28/36/44/52/60 from 20/26/32/38/44
o Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement
o Max turrets lowered to 1/2/2/3/3 from 2/3/4/5/6
o New missile particles added for green and red turrets
* Hextech Micro-Rockets
o Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds at all levels from 20
o Rockets now hit the 3 nearest enemy minions or Champions, instead of just Champions
o Fires 3 rockets at all levels
o Ability Power Coefficient reduced to 0.55 from 0.8 to accomodate the significant cooldown reduction
o Base damage reduced to 85/135/185/235/285 from 90/150/210/270/330
* UPGRADE!!! (remake)
o UPGRADE!!! retains the 10/15/20% cooldown reduction passive
o On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds.
o Mana cost 90 at all levels
o Cooldown is 120/105/90

+ rockets CD reduced to 10 seconds from 20,hell yea !
+ 3 rockets are ALWAYS fired, no matter the level, sweet !
- Rockets now hit the 3 nearest minions or champions. This was heimers only reliable finishing move and now its nerfed to ****. what this means basically is that if you're laning, all your rockets intended for enemy champions will be faceplanted right into minions unless you're dangerously close to your target.
- AP scaling from rockets reduced to 0.55 from 0.8 along with its base damage reduced. okay okay.....Reasonable nerf considering the cooldown reduction
- max amounts of turrets is reduced to 3 from 6. screw you riot ! Bye bye turret-wall spamming heimer. this will make enemies in your lane run over turrets way more easier than before, on top of that, this also nerfs turret warding in woods to keep track of enemies
+ green turrets at level 3, red turrets at level 5, added effects on turrets such as armour/magic reduction and AOE. okay this is a big change, being able to spam the stronger turrets earlier will probably increase lane control
+Turret base damage increased to 60 from 44 at max level. Considering they frikkin halfed the amount of turrets they'd better come with this buff !
+ Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement. sounds nice, so if you pop a turret in a chasing enemies face it will go nuts for 6 seconds
+UPGRADE!!! , On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds. Oh dang, sounds cool, I have yet to see how this one works out. but if i got it right, heimers ulti can now be activated whenever without being around a turret, and whenever enemies decide to surprise you by wiping out your turrets, you simply ulti and they ALL gain full health, on top of that they get slowed in the middle of your turrets for 10 seconds if they got fired on

All in all i think this was a minor nerf to heimer, I've yet to see how his new gameplay turns out, anyone tried him yet ? anyone find him easier/harder than before ? discuss, opinoins plz !

---
I think i'll just go out for some fresh air for a change !
#2Frost_bornePosted 3/25/2010 10:38:01 AM
The missiles deserved every last bit of nerfing that they got. Having them invariably take out 1/4 - 1/3 of your HP in the initial laning phase, PER ROCKET, was just ridiculous. You couldn't get near enough to the minions without him using a rocket, and you couldn't get close enough to him at all to even attack him because of his turrets.
---
So Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Monsieur, a drink?". Descartes replies, "No, I think not", and then disappears.
#3Frost_bornePosted 3/25/2010 10:38:51 AM
And no, he's not terrible now. He's more dynamic. Meaning, you don't just build five turrets and sit there launching missiles at anyone who dares get close.
---
So Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Monsieur, a drink?". Descartes replies, "No, I think not", and then disappears.
#4CalmOfEmptinessPosted 3/25/2010 11:16:41 AM
I like that they made him kind of more turret-oriented, but reducing the number of turrets from 6 to 3 was painful. It'd be nice if Heimer could choose what turret to place based on level, and the max number of turrets would vary based on level; say each lv1 turret was worth "1 turret," each lv2 turret was worth "1.5 turrets," and a lv3 turret was worth "2 turrets."

The rocket is still going to be very useful, it's just that it's more useful late game; they basically made the turrets much more effective in teamfights in the jungle or in the river. Plus, it'll still be decent harassment early game, if you're laned with a good pusher like Nasus or Sivir.

Heimer used to lose usefulness at rapid pace as the game went on; he would be fantastic early game, but terrible late game. Now, he's lost his early game OPness and can be useful late game.

Now all he needs is for his turrets to take damage instead of croaking with him when he dies.
#5StarpepperPosted 3/25/2010 11:40:04 AM

These nerfs were much needed. Heimer is moreso a support hero and there is no reason for him to be able to hold a lane by just throwing down turrets and letting them do the job for him. On top of the fact that his missiles were doing way too much damage to begin with... And require no skill to land on a champion? All he had to do before was sit back and press one button and automatically have the missile hit the nearest champion for a good chunk of hp.

Hopefully with these nerfs, those laning against him won't be deprived of gold... As well as Heimer's own lane mate. I'm sick of laning with one and his turrets killing the minions before I can even touch them. Let's face it, Heimer getting the gold and gear over an actual DPS hero is a waste. He can barely contribute to team fights prior to these changes, and has no escape mechanic and drops like a fly.

At least with the changes, hopefully Heimer can prove to be more useful in team fights and drop a turret and haul it out of there, continuing to attack from a range. And possibly using his ult to slow enemies in the team fight, as well.