Loving Shen

#1stonewall_heroPosted 3/25/2010 2:38:44 PM
I'm playing this guy and I absolutely love his playstyle. The tank I played almost exclusively was Alistar but even though Shen isn't a pure tank I enjoy playing him more.

His dash is wicked and totally gets idiots who overextend killed.

So far the best build I've used has been a hybrid of some sort. I have a Warwick jungling rune page and I decided to test out Shen's jungling using this rune page and specialized masteries.

Shen easily gets to 6 before the side lanes and can get some ganks easily thanks to dash and lizard.

The best build with Shen so far that I've used has been

Cloth Armor+4 health potions
Madred's Razor
Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads (depending on who i'm fighting)
Leviathan
Aegis (if someone else gets it i skip)
Bloodrazor

I've been able to dash through the enemy team, taunt then and then stab a squishy relatively quickly to death. His ultimate is amazing too. Only complaint is that his W is relatively useless.

This is the first new hero I buy (bought bundle as well). I love tanks and this guy is just too much fun and interesting.
#2HulkkisPosted 3/25/2010 3:05:06 PM
Loving him also. Not max level so got no runes. Took improved Ghost and Exhaust and sent rest to tank tree.
For gear i go about this:
Dorans shield and pot or health gem depends who i lane with.
Health gem if i already didn't, or first boots. Possibly restock few pots to lane longer.
Leviathan asap.
Tabi/Merc.
Warmog.
Ice hammer thingy.
Game ended at this part, Had Fully stacked Leviathan, Warmog, merc boots and ice hammer.

End stats were about 4800hp with -15% damage taken. I was pretty much unkillable unless 5v1 and thanks to taunt and feint i could tank them well. Also passive was bursting for about 400dmg per hit every 8 sec. With lizard buff i was pretty much godmode.

Now that you mentioned, gotta try respec to jungle with smite instead of ghost.

---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#3stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2010 3:07:56 PM
I would recommend keeping ghost instead of exhaust. Ghost allows you to keep up early game with the enemy and get into a good position for your taunt. It also helps escape multiple enemies if they try to gank you while jungling.
#4HulkkisPosted 3/25/2010 3:12:14 PM
yeh i suppose.
Problem now is im only level 15, not sure where to slap my mastery points besides improved smite and ghost.
---
-Disc
#5necroix05Posted 3/25/2010 3:28:32 PM
I just played a game as morg vs. a shen. Both 18, I had around 332 AP. I bound him right next to a turret(it was attacking him), popped Soil, Ignite AND my ult, got the second hit on my ult, popped deathfire grasp, did bind + soil AGAIN and he still lived >.<
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
WE'VE BEEN EEE EHM PEED!!!!!! EEELEKTRAWNICS ARE DAOWN!!!! - MC_Brian1
#6stonewall_hero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2010 3:29:42 PM
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/stonewall_008/?action=view&current=shenmasteries.jpg&newest=1

there you go
#7HulkkisPosted 3/25/2010 3:32:05 PM
Thanks a lot, will get the smite and util stuff and as much as i can to tank.
---
-Disc