How bad is it to play with newbies

#1oogarasuPosted 3/31/2010 9:41:58 AM
So I just downloaded, and starting doing BOT games to get used to it. Never played before or played DOTA. Question is, when solo queuing, how frustrating is it to get teamed with new people?

I plan on at least getting used to it with BOTs, but as with all games, against real players changes everything and I'd hate to ruin the fun for random teammates.

Also, how long does an average "newbish" game last?

Thanks
#2returnofbeansPosted 3/31/2010 10:03:30 AM
they usually pair you up with people of your skill lvl. so they should be newbish too. time all depends on how the game is going. one team is winning by far or it can be an equal match and last longer. just keep practicing, you'll learn, but there's only so much you can learn and earn from practice.
---
LIKE A GOOD SPICY-BEAN AND CHEESE BURRITO, I SHALL RETURN!!!
aiding in the fight to gnaw Faith to death. MMSF3 BA FC 3824-7183-9863
#3EarthshakerPosted 3/31/2010 10:15:29 AM
It also depends on the champion a newbie picks.

If they wind up picking Ashe or TF, then wham, no big deal, even with autoattack spam.

If they wind up picking, say, Anivia, you're gonna be in for a rough time :(
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact? Well, you're a Goddamned philistine.
#4returnofbeansPosted 3/31/2010 10:31:53 AM
ah yes, good point.
---
#54pp1354uc3Posted 3/31/2010 10:34:08 AM
How bad is it to play with newbies

Not nearly as bad as it is playing with elitist, immature children.

I'm like you man, when I play a game, I like to educate myself and be prepared. I played LoL for almost a month before ever playing with humans. I, also, have never played DotA. There's alot of things to get accustomed to while playing LoL. I played lots of practice games, looked through lots of guides, familiarized myself with the items and builds, etc.

I'm mature enough to realize that there are many players that download LoL and get right online with humans. There are times when I see level 10s with no items. There are times when people feed so much that nothing you can do means a thing.

There are times where I am the best person on my team, times where Im the worst, and times that I'm in the middle. Im still learning, as alot of players are. Sometimes you make silly mistakes, get greedy, etc. People make mistakes. I can accept that, because its a game.

I ignore people all day long. If you every use the word "noob" in chat, directed at your own teammates, you get ignored. You start raging over someone on our team making a mistake, I will defend them, and then you will get ignored. I dont have time for that mess. Its a game. I play it to relax.

People need to stop taking games this seriously. We all want to win, obviously. But chill.

---
"Are you sure it's safe? Because if I woke up with a body like that, I'd run towards the nearest living thing and kill it."
#6oogarasu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 11:07:42 AM
Thanks all. Appreciate the warning about champions as well. Will be good for me to start off with some newer player freindly ones.
#7returnofbeansPosted 3/31/2010 11:48:39 AM
ashe, sivir, yi (don't really recommend him) are the easiest i can think of.
---
#8HulkkisPosted 3/31/2010 11:50:23 AM
ryze, twitch, mundo are also fairly easy but not available at the moment.
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#9DragonslashPosted 3/31/2010 3:13:27 PM
I completely dove into the game headfirst. Of course I sucked, but I didn't force my team to lose so I didn't feel bad. Just play SUPER defensive at first.
The most important thing about this game is watching the map, bar none. Once I learned how to do this prediction came naturally. The flow of the game makes a lot more sense too.

---
My code 3694 9741 2596
Nick= WooDo
#10zeroknightxzPosted 3/31/2010 5:00:46 PM
You will feed for the most part for your first 15 or so games. If you have friends playing the game, I suggest you play with them from time to time. You will learn a lot more and when you solo queue, you will dominate people your level (that happened for me). Guides really helped me out, and make sure you understand and familiarize what all champions can do. That is really an important when playing. You don't want to engage in a fight you think you can win, then getting owned.
---
Save a tree. Eat a beaver.