List of OP champs at the moment?

#1zxbloodPosted 4/7/2010 12:10:55 AM
I know Jax is one of them. Any more?
#2VoidgolemPosted 4/7/2010 12:34:21 AM
Shen.

You could also make arguments for Ryze and Fiddlesticks.
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#3Froggie48Posted 4/7/2010 12:37:16 AM
Sivir is the queen of pushing and knocking down towers, but some might not consider that to really be OP.

Same goes for alistair being the best tank. He's not really OP on a whole, but he is OP in comparison to the other tanks.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#4Jeev-Posted 4/7/2010 12:42:44 AM
Just played a game as Jax and managed to get someone to Ragequit while another spent the whole time Complaining about me :D
#5zxblood(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 12:50:52 AM
Btw guys , are there any other DPS heroes like warwick/jax?
#6CalmOfEmptinessPosted 4/7/2010 1:09:05 AM
Yessir, there are plenty of characters like Jax and Warwick.

Master Y is probably the most pure Melee DPS character, as he's definitely not a tank and his moves are all steroids, nothing that really helps the team.

Gangplank can be played as a Melee DPS, but IMO, he's the worst at Melee DPS out of the characters who have that designation.

Kassadin is also in the same boat as Plank.

Alot of people play Malphite as a Melee DPS. He's really not a great Tank, but he works as one.

Mordekaiser is a weird Melee DPS in that he's strongest early game, but he's not good lategame at doing damage, at least not as well as Yi, Udyr, Jax, etc.

Nasus is one of the tankiest out of the class, thanks to his naturally high stats, lifesteal, and ult, and stays pretty consistent throughout the whole game.

Panth is also one, but I don't really know how he plays.

Shaco is yet one more, and he focuses heavily on positioning himself and repositioning enemies.

Shen can be played as one, but that's a waste.

Singed can be played as one. Apparently, due to Alistar being so good, Singed isn't played as a tank at high levels, but as a DPS character thanks to his powerful ult.

Sion is another one. I want to say he's one of the tankier melee DPs like Nasus, but I don't really know how he plays.

Taric can be played as one, but that's a waste.

Tryndamere is also really one-dimensional like Yi, but at least he can slow an enemy for his team. Doesn't make him better, though.

Udyr is really interesting. He focuses on mobility, stunning multiple enemies, and shifting through stances and making each hit hurt with Trinity Force.

Mundo is a super tanky, early game DPS character.

Poppy (I think), Katarina, and Blitz are more or less "Burst Melee" characters. They can do huge damage in one go, but they can't do sustained output and mow down entire teams for whatever reason. Poppy can initiate, but I don't know what else she does. Katarina jumps in and Death Lotuses, but it can be avoided by the entire team quite easily. Blitz's thing is to snipe one guy, but he can't really do much to the opposing TEAM.
#7zxblood(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 1:12:06 AM
Ahhh. Thanks! But is it possible to change your masteries when you're in the champion select? Like say I'm about to pick Warwick, but then someone else on my team picks it before me, making me use another character with the wrong adjusted masteries according to it.
#8CounterZeePosted 4/7/2010 2:37:18 AM
Yes. On the final screen when the hero pick is counting down click masteries on the left and reset them.
#9EarthshakerPosted 4/7/2010 7:15:11 AM
Gangplank can be played as a Melee DPS, but IMO, he's the worst at Melee DPS out of the characters who have that designation.

I play him more as a team supporter. I get mocked for my build that doesn't kill anything, despite the fact that Starks, Raise Morale, and Aegis tend to help my entire freaking team. _ Avarice stackers and their hax 500 parrrleys at level 7 be damned, as I don't have that kind of luck.

Alot of people play Malphite as a Melee DPS. He's really not a great Tank, but he works as one.

I haven't played him much, but when I did, I found ability spam a lot more effective. That's just my playstyle, of course <3.

Panth is also one, but I don't really know how he plays.

Panth is a very squishy beast. He deals lots of damage output with Heartseeker and javelin toss, but his Aegis passive is really only good for blocking burst attacks. Sustained burst/focused damage takes him out in a hurry due to his low HP. His ult's pretty fun, though, although you don't really want to be choreographing where you're about to land with, say, a Veigar present timing a dark matter on your landing spot for half your health.

Shen can be played as one, but that's a waste.

Quite a waste, considering he's a ridiculous tank that, IMO, needs to be smacked with a nerf bat.

Singed can be played as one. Apparently, due to Alistar being so good, Singed isn't played as a tank at high levels, but as a DPS character thanks to his powerful ult.

He's disruptive enough that people want him dead and they want him dead NOW... which is handy for popping poison trail and running away while the other team either is forced to stop chasing him or take half their life in an effort to down him. I haven't played him, but I've seen the havoc Singeds can create :/

Sion is another one. I want to say he's one of the tankier melee DPs like Nasus, but I don't really know how he plays.

To be honest, I've seen Sion be more effective as a caster build. Caress will absorb an obscene amount of damage, his HP and damage output will be high due to Enrage, and Cryptic Gaze... well, I had a game two days ago where, despite having about 150 magic resist, was getting pegged by it for 750 a pop late game, which pretty much ensured my death as I was playing a squishy Janna :(

Poppy (I think), Katarina, and Blitz are more or less "Burst Melee" characters. They can do huge damage in one go, but they can't do sustained output and mow down entire teams for whatever reason. Poppy can initiate, but I don't know what else she does. Katarina jumps in and Death Lotuses, but it can be avoided by the entire team quite easily. Blitz's thing is to snipe one guy, but he can't really do much to the opposing TEAM.

Poppy's more of an initiator than anything, you're right, but her other job is to make squishy supporters suffer by popping diplomatic immunity on them while the DPSes try in vain to kill her. Your DPSes, meanwhile, clean house.

Kat's more an annoyance character than anything. Killer Instinct and Shunpo for a heavy burst hit, then run. Death Lotus damage is meh and should only be saved for in the middle of a chaotic teamfight if, for some reason, she's not being focused with her piss-poor health. Blitz, I wouldn't even classify him as melee (despite the attack) considering his damage output comes from abilities >_>;

But don't ever say he can't do much to an opposing team. A boosted Static Discharge in the middle of a teamfight freaking HURTS.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact? Well, you're a Goddamned philistine.
#10RaydricLordPosted 4/7/2010 8:41:59 AM
I think Fiddlesticks, Nidalee, TF and Jax are the only real op champions at the moment. These champions fulfill so many roles (especially Nidalee).

Fiddlesticks can jungle, harass, cc, win team fights singlehandedly and etc. Nidalee can never leave a lane, chase/escape easily, support like crazy and deal a lot of damage. TF is still the ganking god, but Shen is pretty close to that position by being second to him. Jax imo is slightly op, he deals a load of damage (as any melee dps should) and dodges, but any smart player won't let him do either and they always bring casters in. The real super op part about him is the fact you only need two items to get by the entire game. That in itself is op. However, his hp isn't a big problem. If you focus him first in a team fight, he will still die first in a team fight. It's just that whoever is on the Jax's team better fight when Jax is getting targeted.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC: Zev, 4425 7842 6332
Pokemon Diamond FC: Zev, 0902 9586 8138