Ingame references

#1gary_foPosted 4/7/2010 6:57:47 AM
So, I've been playing DotA for about a year, played LoL for about 3 months after it came out (open beta to December or so). I played a few matches the other day for the first time in a while. In any case, I finally realized that Nashor spelled backwards is... Roshan.

Any other references to DotA that are painfully obvious I might have missed?
---
(no sarcasm in this message, just to be completely clear, except sarcasm about the need to point out sarcasm in message board posts)
#2EarthshakerPosted 4/7/2010 7:45:16 AM
Rylai's scepter is one you missed, too >_>;

What I wonder about, however, is, despite it being an AP item that slows people on cast, why does it use a Giant's Belt as a recipe item? Rylai was never really well known for her HP total >_>;
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact? Well, you're a Goddamned philistine.
#3EarthshakerPosted 4/7/2010 7:46:26 AM
Also, Nashor spelled backwards is Rohsan, not Roshan <3
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact? Well, you're a Goddamned philistine.
#4Silver_leavesPosted 4/7/2010 3:00:35 PM
Jax makes Quarterstaves.

Ashe is Trax + Dusa + Mirana combo

Guinsoo makes the game, sheep stick, and a rageblade
---
Argent Coma
Part of the Measuringcoup.
#5Spy_is_PyroPosted 4/7/2010 5:37:51 PM
Nasus = Susan
---
<Insert Signature Here>
lol, line 2
#6gary_fo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 6:24:59 PM
I suppose I might have should have listed all the other ones I knew, but I didn't feel like going into it.

I knew Rylai's Scepter. The giant's belt sort of makes sense, cuz CM depended on surviving while channeling her ult to be effective in team fights, which was typically established with a lothar's edge or BKB. With it being an item released before active item effects, the best way for an otherwise fragile unit to survive throughout its entire ult (similar to CM) was to give them more hp (and the slow keeps them in the ult range longer, just like CM's ult's slow). Perhaps we'll see the scepter remade at some point to give immunity to CC or other defensive effect.

Roshan/Rohsan. s and h flipped for better pronunciation.

And I know about Guinsoo too.

I guess I probably got most of the dota references, just can't believe I never got the Nashor reference.
---
(no sarcasm in this message, just to be completely clear, except sarcasm about the need to point out sarcasm in message board posts)