2 Shen questions

#1oogarasuPosted 4/14/2010 5:41:16 AM
So I just started playing a week and a half ago, and trying not to spend any real money on riot points (although it's tempting), and have a couple questions regarding Shen.

- How common is Shen in low/mid ELO games when he's not free? I think I play a pretty good Shen, and was considering using my IP points I've accumulated to purchase him but don't want to do it if I'm fighting to select him every game.

- Against a pretty magic heavy team, is Banshee's Veil still a bad item for Shen? I like the health/resistances, and the 1 spell eaten, but feel really weird building it since it has Mana on it. Is it better to just go with a Guardian Angel, Aegis, or Spirit Visage?

Thanks
#2TheYounginPosted 4/14/2010 6:12:59 AM
banshee's veil still helps shen a lot, blocking an entire spell can help you a ton.

usually if the enemy team is nuking me with magic ill pick up banshee's veil + force of nature, there was a game where i ended up having like 68% magic reduction...its really funny seeing a ryze come out and blow everything he has on you and only take you down to about 50%
---
Some people just need a swift kick in the ass
XBL:Vote Palpatine | PSN: Orange Julious | Steam: Spacepope
#3anilEhilatedPosted 4/14/2010 6:18:39 AM
If the enemy team is nuker-heavy, Mercury's Treads + Aegis should be enough. Banshee's is overkill.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#4NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 4/14/2010 6:23:31 AM
Shen already has 2 skills that can be used to block spells, I would say get some MR and keep stacking HP.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1558/kendamarisa.gif
#5BlinkythefishPosted 4/14/2010 2:31:47 PM
ya banshees is usually a overkill.
I go with either merc or ninja tabi, depending on the heroes im facing.
then ill get a giants belt and maybe a leviathan if things are looking up for my team
then a chain mail vest and a negatron cloak if i find i am getting hurt pretty hard, if not continue onto warmogs
from the vest and cloak i build a thornmail and a force of nature, and i usually finish the game before the force of nature