Best tank.

#21DevilslicerPosted 4/23/2010 5:59:59 AM
Cho. 1 reason NOM
---
A true hero seeks niether fame or fortune... only the courage which he needs to fight.
#22Xano1234Posted 4/23/2010 8:34:28 AM
There is a distinct lack of Taric on this board.

Taric makes one of the best tanks in the game and can support the team better than anyone also.

Alistar is the obvious "best" tank because he can take 20 ults and live, but aside from his skills, he is not doing much.

Taric can take a crapload of damage if built as a tank, and with his aura, heal, debuff, and AoE regen+damage, he IS a threat if he is not killed.

I main Taric and frequently in teamfights, as long as I am there, we win. I heal the carry, stun their carry, shatter their team, and put radiance on to keep everyone alive and doing damage.

I may not get a ton of kills in a game, but as long as my team is somewhat decent, I get around 20 assists and almost never die unless I get ganked by 5 people and exhausted 3 times.

Also, Kayle functions a lot like Taric, but in a different way. While Taric is Tank/Support, Kayle is Tank/DPS. Her damage is high, her powers are strong, and she can keep herself alive with heals and her ult. She is another favorite "tank" of mine.

Here is a breakdown on tanks:

Tank/Mage: Cho'Gath, Blitscrank, Amumu, Nunu, Nasus, Gregas

Tank/DPS: Rammus, Poppy, Mundo, Singed, Kayle, Malphite, Mordekaiser

Tank/Support: Alistar, Taric, Shen

Tank/Mage characters are probably the worst of the group. They can tank, and do damage, but only with their spells. If they get silenced or are on cooldown, they are not doing anything that would be considered a threat. Most are 1 trick ponies and only have one way to play effectively.

Tank/DPS characters are the mid-tier. They have the benefit of tanking, but doing more physical damage and usually more damage overall. They benefit from not having to rely on abilities to still be a threat.

Tank/Support characters are the background characters. You will usually never see one of these go 20/0 unless the other team is absolutely terrible. They take the damage, and cannot exactly deal it back, but they are the best team players in the game. They can heal, stun, have very effective ults, and above all, are EXTREMELY hard to kill. These are the best players to have on your team because they are the reason you win teamfights.

---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#23anilEhilatedPosted 4/23/2010 8:46:08 AM
Tank/DPS: Rammus, Poppy, Mundo, Singed, Kayle, Malphite, Mordekaiser

Tank/DPS characters are the mid-tier. They have the benefit of tanking, but doing more physical damage and usually more damage overall. They benefit from not having to rely on abilities to still be a threat.

SYNTAX ERROR.

Seriously, it's pretty clear you have no effing idea what you're talking about.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#24VoidgolemPosted 4/23/2010 8:50:47 AM
Mundo isn't a tank. People playing him as such are doing it wrong.

No argument for any other champion, though >.>
~

I like Malphite. I just wish he weren't so damn squishy even as a tank-build, though.
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#25HulkkisPosted 4/23/2010 9:22:46 AM
lol @ rammus being physical damage.
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#26CalmOfEmptinessPosted 4/23/2010 12:01:17 PM
There is a distinct lack of Taric on this board.

Taric is not a true tank, but he functions as an off-tank. He gives reason for enemies to attack him, but not because they are threatening them, but because he's buffing the team. Otherwise, he lacks the initiation skill that true tanks have (Alistar Flash + Pulverize + Headbutt, Shen's Shadow Dash, Rammus' Power Ball + Taunt, Singed's Fling, Amumu's Bandage + Curse). Sure, he can *try* to use Dazzle and run in, but he'll just get stunned back while the guy HE stunned gets out okay.
#27VhialPosted 4/23/2010 6:11:33 PM

Sad thing is the best tank atm isn't even a tank...it's Jax