Has anyone here tried HoN or Demigod?

#21Treason686Posted 4/27/2010 8:12:47 PM
It is like I said in my first post. LOL is a watered down version of DOTA. There are many mechanics missing that are present in HON.

Sounds to me like there are fewer mechanics in HoN if everyone can potentially be DPS and there are no tanks/support.
---
|| PSN + 360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 OCZ Gold || GTX 260 Core 216 || HP w2408h
#22Treason686Posted 4/27/2010 8:16:25 PM
Once again, you act like Riot knows anything about balance. LoL has its share of OP characters, and HON has so many OP characters that a majority of the time it comes down to skill. And if majority if OP then there really isn't a big issue...

You should probably re-read what you've said. If there are a lot of "OP" characters, then that means that there are quite a few that just aren't worth using.

Riot actually does a pretty good job of balancing IMO. Yes, some heroes are more powerful than others, but for the most part, they can all hold their own in combat.
---
|| PSN + 360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 OCZ Gold || GTX 260 Core 216 || HP w2408h
#23mafiafunPosted 4/27/2010 8:20:53 PM
Treason686 | Posted 4/27/2010 11:12:47 PM | message detail
It is like I said in my first post. LOL is a watered down version of DOTA. There are many mechanics missing that are present in HON.

Sounds to me like there are fewer mechanics in HoN if everyone can potentially be DPS and there are no tanks/support.
---

You haven't the slightest clue about what my post even means... I'm not gonna bother explaining it to you if you dunno what mechanics hon/dota has that LoL doesn't.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#24MSN 04 SazabiPosted 4/28/2010 12:14:11 AM
dota has denying, trees, elevation

uhm that's pretty much all the mechanics that lol doesn't have

---
Doreamon... who cares... if it has Mon at the end its just a Crapy ripoff of Pokemon (which sucks too) -PSOPOPO
#25DavidBoreanazPosted 4/28/2010 5:54:22 AM
Except for being in the same tower pushing genre as HoN and DotA, LoL stands quite differently to the other two and comparing them is pretty pointless. I've been an old timer with DotA, started playing both HoN and LoL a year ago and gave up LoL because of how different it is. Different, but not quite necessarily bad. Just, it doesn't have the same satisfying feeling when you actually do good and pwn a game. That being said, when you do badly, you feel pretty ****. LoL seems far too relaxed for my tastes.