New, not sure which champion to buy.

#1Fullgore EXEPosted 4/30/2010 7:06:07 PM
Out of the ones I could use from the get-go, I've enjoyed Ashe, Nasus, and Tryndamere. But yeah, I don't really know what to spend my IP on. I'm not much of a tanker, and support roles are okay, but I find it very fun slaughtering other champions. Magic or melee really, whatever works. Just something very offensive.

Any suggestions? While I'm new, I'd like to think that with enough dedication I could become a lot better. So please don't let the difficulty curve of some champions alter your decision (unless it's almost impossible to play the champ good :P). Thanks in advance.
#2DartkunPosted 4/30/2010 9:10:43 PM
Maybe explain what you like of each champion.

In terms of DPS. The highest tiered champions are Twisted Fate, Jax, Sivir, Corki, Fiddlesticks, Nidalee, and Ryze. But most DPS champions do fine, like Tristana, Annie, Shaco, Anivia, Twitch, Ashe and Katarina
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shinius
Pokemon HG FC: 3739 1845 1942
#3VeeVeesPosted 5/1/2010 12:14:48 AM
i'd say don't buy any. the free champs rotate every one or two weeks. just play those until you find one you really like.
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#4capgamerPosted 5/1/2010 12:35:24 AM
I think you might enjoy Sivir for a first champion. She'll be a good introduction because she has a "skill shot" boomerang which will help you get used to skill shots and he's really simple to play and be good with.
---
"It's like racism, except to only one person." -Todasmile
Looking like a nerd is a small price to pay for ultimate power.
#5wannabeprankstaPosted 5/1/2010 5:34:34 PM

I think you might enjoy Sivir for a first champion. She'll be a good introduction because she has a "skill shot" boomerang which will help you get used to skill shots and he's really simple to play and be good with.

Sivir's a man? o_o
---
i c u p
#6EarthshakerPosted 5/1/2010 5:46:40 PM
You called Sivir's boomerang a skillshot?

Lolwut.

Skillshots, by definition, tend not to go THROUGH enemies, unless they're really slow or perform some other primary function.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact? Well, you're a Goddamned philistine.
#7necroix05Posted 5/1/2010 6:32:17 PM
It's a skillshot...
You have to manually aim it and it doesn't lock onto the enemy, therefore, it's a skillshot. Just like Ezreal's Flux, and Anivia's Flash Frost.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
Add me if you play League of Legends: MrCowisBeast
#8Mr Masking Sol NEOPosted 5/1/2010 9:04:28 PM
I'm in this same situation. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I like being able to go toe-to-toe with minions or neutral creeps if the situation arises, and I like having "back the heck off" move. I generally appreciate a support role more than anything else.

So far I somewhat enjoy Nasus due to the lifesteal and decent hp, but building charges on his first skill is aggravating if whoever I'm laning against continuously harasses me, so I don't think he's quite right.
#9morrowind97Posted 5/3/2010 12:00:49 PM
You called Sivir's boomerang a skillshot?

Lolwut.

Skillshots, by definition, tend not to go THROUGH enemies, unless they're really slow or perform some other primary function.

Skillshots are any moves you have to aim scrub
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site
#10LosotinacPosted 5/3/2010 1:09:25 PM
"You called Sivir's boomerang a skillshot?

Lolwut.

Skillshots are any moves you have to aim scrub"

I don't think the cone moves are considered skillshots and you have to aim those. Gangplank and Pantheons ult. I am not sure if Aniva wall would be consider a skill shot, it might.
anyway my point is i think you wrong. but I am not a pompous dbag that i 'll declare it without being 100% sure

---
Born ready to die.
just not willing