Armor piercing = only good against people not stacking armor....

#11Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 8:18:06 PM
"Annie gets Frozen Heart her armor is like 150. Last Whisper takes off 60, so 90. 90 - 15 from Brutalizer is 75. 75 - 29 is 46, 75 - 18 is 57. GOOD ENOUGH."

So does that mean that the Brutalizer comes AFTER Last Whisper?

Not that it matters, I think that getting Phantom Dancer (or zeal, depending on how long the game is) and the Black Cleaver is better than getting Last Whisper - After 5 stacks of BC it becomes 150 - 105 with the right runes, leaving me with 45 armor left - sounds better than having Last Whisper AND I get critical strike chance and movement bonus with my Attack Speed bonus item.

Also, I wasn't being serious about using those three magic damage items. At least not on Tristana.
---
http://cometmancomic.com/cometman/?p=5
Check out my Webcomic.
#12Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 8:18:36 PM
(I;'m factoring in Ghostblade in that 105 armor reduction btw.)
---
http://cometmancomic.com/cometman/?p=5
Check out my Webcomic.
#13VoidgolemPosted 5/2/2010 9:23:57 PM
LW is considerably cheaper than phantom dancer, plus you can stick other penetration items with it.

*Shrug*

Only reason not to get a LW on a carry is if they've got Cleaver, do not need attack speed, or have innate armor reducing abilities (I.E Corki)
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#14CalmOfEmptinessPosted 5/2/2010 10:09:22 PM
So does that mean that the Brutalizer comes AFTER Last Whisper?

Yes. Brutalizer is Penetration, not Reduction.

Not that it matters, I think that getting Phantom Dancer (or zeal, depending on how long the game is) and the Black Cleaver is better than getting Last Whisper - After 5 stacks of BC it becomes 150 - 105 with the right runes, leaving me with 45 armor left - sounds better than having Last Whisper AND I get critical strike chance and movement bonus with my Attack Speed bonus item.

>_>

Look, I said that it depends on the enemy.

Let's look at it like this:

Buy a BF Sword.

Watch the enemies. If they're building parts for a ton of armor, then build this:

Infinity Edge + Last Whisper
+20% Crit Chance
+100 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
40% Armor Reduction (this is most important)
+50% Critical Damage

If they're looking like a bunch of squishies then build this:

Black Cleaver + Phantom Dancer
+30% Crit Chance
+60 Attack Damage
+45% Attack Speed
Possible 60 Armor Reduction
+12% Dodge
+15% Movement Speed
#15PaperbladePosted 5/2/2010 10:48:03 PM
Phantom Dancer is pretty meh. Black Cleaver is nice but Ghostblade and IE synergize too well.

Ghostblade (2687)
Infinity Edge (4080)
+35% crit chance
+110 damage
+50% crit damage
+20 armor pen
+15% CDR
Ghostblade awesome active

Black Cleaver (3065)
Phantom Dancer (3395)
+30% Crit Chance
+75 Attack Damage
+45% Attack Speed
Possible 60 Armor Reduction
+20% Dodge
+15% Movement Speed

Ghostblade makes up for the AS/MS loss when it's up (most fights don't last longer than 8s, and GB is slightly better when it is up). The Dodge is nice but CDR is generally more useful. The 35 damage, 5% crit chance, and 50% crit damage lead are huge. Keep in mind that with base crit, masteries, and runes, it's likely you'll have ~50% crit with this build, so that's nearly a 25% increase in your autoattack damage. You're hitting much MUCH harder, especially since Cleaver has a build up time on its armor reduction.

Cleaver+Dancer is about 300 cheaper though, so you could have an elixir for one fight (maybe 2) or something.
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest