What makes Soraka so OP?

#11Xano1234Posted 5/14/2010 12:35:44 AM
I would say as a support character, other characters are better.

Morgana-Amazing damage and survability. Soraka cannot do any MAJOR damage. Morgana can kill off enemies one by one, stun the entire enemy team, and shield enemies against spells making casters useless.

Zilean-Most annoying character in the game. He can plant bombs and then run away faster than you can say "boom." He can revive teammates also. Nothing is worse than using 3 ults to kill 1 enemy only to have them respawn and then your team gets wiped.

Taric (my favorite and main)- Unkillable in a lame, needs a lot to kill even with 5 teammates. He can keep everyone healed while healing himself. He can stun enemies and provides everyone with a buff. He can debuff enemies causing them to take much more damage and his ult increases everyones damage by a lot. I have no problems keeping my team fully healed while still dealing damage, and stunning the enemies.

Soraka can heal, silence, and give mana...not much else. She cannot do much damage, she can't stun or slow, if she is the only one left, she is dead.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#12NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 5/14/2010 3:13:29 AM
Soraka is basically made for a push comp, support wise she's not the best (Janna holds that position atm), but with her heals (and if you have Taric) you can eat through turrets like nothing.
---
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2303/32146188.jpg
#13anilEhilatedPosted 5/14/2010 7:23:38 AM
Morgana-Amazing damage and survability. Soraka cannot do any MAJOR damage. Morgana can kill off enemies one by one, stun the entire enemy team, and shield enemies against spells making casters useless.
Two of her skills are easily avoidable skillshots, her ult has crap range and requires for her to be in the middle of the fight; definitely not the place you want to be with a support. And before you start blabbing about shield, that's almost always better used at your carry.

Zilean-Most annoying character in the game. He can plant bombs and then run away faster than you can say "boom." He can revive teammates also. Nothing is worse than using 3 ults to kill 1 enemy only to have them respawn and then your team gets wiped.
Can't do anything in teamfights except for his ult. Sure, laning against him is annoying, but that's about it, all he can do.

Taric (my favorite and main)- Unkillable in a lame, needs a lot to kill even with 5 teammates. He can keep everyone healed while healing himself. He can stun enemies and provides everyone with a buff. He can debuff enemies causing them to take much more damage and his ult increases everyones damage by a lot. I have no problems keeping my team fully healed while still dealing damage, and stunning the enemies.

Not ever since the Radiance nerf. Imbue isn't that good a heal (especially compared to what Soraka can dish out), Shatter debuff is negligible and Dazzle's nothing to write home about either.
Seriously, I can understand arguments being made for Ezreal, Nidalee or even Janna, but not for either of those three.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#14CuddleWithClawsPosted 5/14/2010 9:08:58 AM
Not ever since the Radiance nerf. Imbue isn't that good a heal (especially compared to what Soraka can dish out), Shatter debuff is negligible and Dazzle's nothing to write home about either.
Seriously, I can understand arguments being made for Ezreal, Nidalee or even Janna, but not for either of those three.

I must respectfully disagree. Imbue is a VERY good single-target heal ingame as it heals both you and your target for a decently low amount of mana (I also believe they buffed the healing amount). It's helped me stay in lane minutes longer than if I had been any other tank. Shatter is a great harassment tool early game because it deals relatively high magical damage and it causes people to panic when they're hit for that much by a TANK. And Dazzle? What are you talking about? A ranged 2-second stun is one of the BEST tools for getting first blood and ganks late game. Late game, Taric starts to lose his support luster, but he's still nigh unkillable and you can always get aura items to give your team huge pushing power.
---
The glories of our blood and state are shadows, not substantial things. There is no armor against fate, Death lays its icy hands on kings.
#15OpforALLAHJIHADPosted 5/14/2010 10:15:16 AM
we arent argueing that the others dont support well, infact most teams run most of these champs in the same team. What we are saying is that soraka gives instant healing better than any other champ. Pair her with taric and any dps and you'll plow thru any defense.
#16LoNe YuPosted 5/15/2010 4:40:35 PM
Soraka's Heals are much stronger than Ezreals'. Soraka has two Heals, Ezreal has one. And both of Soraka's heals heal for much more than Ezreal's. When doing a premade with friends who are on vent or skype, Soraka's ult saves many lives.

When Soraka is alone, she can survive running away from enemies if she drops her heals on herself repeatedly.

Soraka may not do much damage with Starcall, but that debuff ruins lives for enemy champions.

-Wally West (US Server)
-MondayTaco(Euro Server)
---
Jesse (Name), Armestis (Town), 0731-0595-0961 (Code)
Jesse (1676-0348-4073)