How are Akali and Garen?

#11zeroknightxzPosted 5/15/2010 10:39:12 AM

I don't know how to play Akali, and neither does anyone else (except for a few people). But let me put it this way. She was able to kill me in 4 hits at level 2. I don't know what she did, I don't know how she did it. I wasn't even a squishy character: I was Cho'gath. It made me really frustrated because she just snowballed from there and got to the point (after I had bought a sunfire cape) where she could kill me in 3 hits. NO CLUE HOW SHE WAS DOING THIS!

Anyway, I like Garen. He's very easy but satisfying to play. He can go toe to toe with Jax, though you have to be kind of careful about it.

I would like to meet this Akali.

For me, Akali is garbage until she reaches level 6.
---
Save a tree. Eat a beaver.
#12KynaeusPosted 5/15/2010 2:32:09 PM
Akali is very fun, but I found her rather frustrating at first because she's a bit squishy. You just have to play and build her properly, ie, don't initiate, pick off heroes with your ult, use smoke bomb to stun people. Maximize her mobility. Her passive is also really cool, you can stack ability power to give her a huge additional magic damage bonus or attack damage for ability-based lifesteal and skip the need for any lifesteal items yourself.

I like Garen but I'm not very good with him, I've seen some others play him very well, though, I feel like Swiftness is necessary to make him not crawl everywhere
---
Sorry if my messages are short/succinct/lacking in grammar, I'm likely writing this message on my iPod.
#13myuzPosted 5/15/2010 3:09:50 PM
I'm still rather new, so I've mostly been playing against new players such as myself. But Akali seems like she could be strong, as long as she's played right.

Her biggest downfall (And it's the same for alot of other champions) is that if you just stand behind creeps, she's easy to counter. That charge seems to be her biggest attacks.

I usually play Kat, and i just harassed her with bouncing blades until she was at like 50%, then w-shunpo'd in and death lotused. Ended up getting like 3-4 kills out of her until she finally swapped lanes with a Warwick.

There was also a Garen in that game, but he never really impressed me. The only time he was somewhat of a threat was when he did that whirlwind ability, but even then a w-shunpo avoided enough of the damage. Or even shunpo'ing out of it just completely avoided all of it.

The guy went like 4-9-2 though, so he was pretty bad. Not sure what a good Garen is capable of.
#14capgamerPosted 5/15/2010 5:24:53 PM
Well Garen really has 3 nice things going for him:
1.) His silence. It speeds up his movement and if he can get close enough to use it pestky casters can't do anything to retaliate
2.) His spin. Think about it for a second. Think about every time you've been chasing someone trying to kill them. You swing your weapon, you lose some speed. You swing your weapon again, oh shoot they're too far away now. Garen's spin lets you follow them anywhere and everywhere. About all they can do is stun you. It's immune to slows, blind does not effect it.
3.) His ultimate, the justice. You know all those fights where you and the other person are evenly matched but they have just that little edge that lets them outlast you? Not anymore! :P

His defensive ability is okay too, you can use it during his spin which helps escape ganks and stuff since like I said he's immune to slow during his spin.
---
"It's like racism, except to only one person." -Todasmile
Looking like a nerd is a small price to pay for ultimate power.
#15alvinxiePosted 5/15/2010 5:55:24 PM

I'm still rather new, so I've mostly been playing against new players such as myself. But Akali seems like she could be strong, as long as she's played right.

Her biggest downfall (And it's the same for alot of other champions) is that if you just stand behind creeps, she's easy to counter. That charge seems to be her biggest attacks.

I usually play Kat, and i just harassed her with bouncing blades until she was at like 50%, then w-shunpo'd in and death lotused. Ended up getting like 3-4 kills out of her until she finally swapped lanes with a Warwick.

There was also a Garen in that game, but he never really impressed me. The only time he was somewhat of a threat was when he did that whirlwind ability, but even then a w-shunpo avoided enough of the damage. Or even shunpo'ing out of it just completely avoided all of it.

The guy went like 4-9-2 though, so he was pretty bad. Not sure what a good Garen is capable of.

That logic goes with most heroes that don't suck.
Garen is just mainly KS with his ulti and AOE you down by tower diving with judgement until he realizes his team left him and he tries to run with his decisive strike.
A farmed garen is just a gigantic meatshield.
---
Applesauce is good.