So Kat

#21OnumaPosted 5/30/2010 2:45:17 AM
Flash is going to get a nerf bat, sooner or later. It's the single most useful utility spell in the game, however it does have its issues. They've nerfed it in the past, but it looks like a rework is in the cards.

It may act like the Blink Dagger from DotA, which seems the most likely possibility according to the PTR forums. You never know just what Riot is thinking, but I think this would be a viable solution. They could even implement a similar item with a flash-like ability, just as Quicksilver has its own Cleanse (though it's still kinda worthless...imho)
---
"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
#22nothv13Posted 5/30/2010 8:30:38 AM
Did I seriously see someone saying Kat obliterates teams with her ult? Maybe against pubs, but even then a smart player renders her ult useless. Virtually any CC stops her ult, she can't move with her ult, her ult doesn't slow, it only hits 3 people. If you obliterate teams with it you are playing against some weak teams.
#23PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2010 9:59:59 AM
Because CC doesn't have cooldown and you don't have your own CC to stop theirs.
---
~Always go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!~
#24XerxethPosted 5/30/2010 11:08:12 AM
Her ulti has almost no cd, her shumpo hits you for tons of damages even with no items (a lvl 10 katarina with mejai with 5 stacks, so roughly 40ap, hit me for 529 dmg. Just wtf it's even better or same as veigar ulti), her bouncing blades bounce everywhere in the f*ck*ng map because of the fail mechanics of the game (that applies to fiddle's crows too btw).
This champ is op and that's why you see her in 3 games out of 4. Also lol@stun herwhen she uses lotus... she doesn't need that to rape you during the lane phase.
#25nothv13Posted 5/30/2010 3:00:49 PM

Because CC doesn't have cooldown and you don't have your own CC to stop theirs.

Most CC has a shorter cooldown than her ult. Most decent teams keep at least one cc for ults such as Kat's. Hell a good player against a Kat will simply wait to throw his cc when the pub he is in just blows all their cc. She is only good at pubstomping. She is definitely not OP.

Her ulti has almost no cd, her shumpo hits you for tons of damages even with no items (a lvl 10 katarina with mejai with 5 stacks, so roughly 40ap, hit me for 529 dmg. Just wtf it's even better or same as veigar ulti), her bouncing blades bounce everywhere in the f*ck*ng map because of the fail mechanics of the game (that applies to fiddle's crows too btw).
This champ is op and that's why you see her in 3 games out of 4. Also lol@stun herwhen she uses lotus... she doesn't need that to rape you during the lane phase.

I'm calling bs right here right now of the 529 shunpo hit. Shunpo's max level damage is 210 +.75ap so with a mejai's with 5 stacks (60 ap total) it will only do 255 damage and that is on something with 0 magic defense.

Her bouncing blades bounce less than fiddles crow and cannot bounce to the same target more than once.

You see her in 3 games out of 4 because she was free and she is a pub stomper. Start running premades and get you Elo higher and you'll see her less because she is easily countered.

You don't even need stun to stop her. Knock ups, silences, taunts, all stop her ult, and there are quite a few spammable abilities that do those. To this day I have yet to be dominated by a Kat because she is so easy to stop.