Everyone says flash is so good...

#1Slayer1217Posted 6/1/2010 5:57:00 PM
I just can't see why it is used so much. Honestly, I think I would be better off with heal or something most of the time. I know it can be used to get some distance, but most of the time it doesn't seem to matter and you are dead anyway.
---
http://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.gif
#2KyatsunePosted 6/1/2010 6:00:36 PM
Distance? Flash over an area that is impossible to walk through.. you should survive if you do this.
---
PSN: Kotowaru88
MH Tri: Nyatsume
#3Froggie48Posted 6/1/2010 6:04:15 PM
^ That. You can't heal through a wall.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#4CuddleWithClawsPosted 6/1/2010 6:04:38 PM
The only heroes that flash isn't (as) useful for are heros that can jump terrane obstacles in the first place.
---
The glories of our blood and state are shadows, not substantial things. There is no armor against fate, Death lays its icy hands on kings.
#5MSN 04 SazabiPosted 6/1/2010 6:05:33 PM
flash is overrated on most champions, but ghost+cleanse is not

there are 3 main scenarios where flash is better:

-dragon/baron fights where you need to escape

-in lane when one more hit will kill you so you flash to the safety of your turret (ie, works great until lv 7 or whatever)

-you are a champion called fiddlesticks or alistar

Outside of those, ghost is better for escaping and chasing. Ghost counters flash generally unless you have additional escape skills as they can simply catch up with their superior movespeed. Ghost also lets them tower dive and get away. It's also sustained, which means you can kite in and out of battle (especially important in the current metagame where healing is prevalent so battles are drawn out).

Ofc there are some other champions that flash is better than ghost but those are the exceptions.

---
Doreamon... who cares... if it has Mon at the end its just a Crapy ripoff of Pokemon (which sucks too) -PSOPOPO
#6Odd manPosted 6/1/2010 6:32:31 PM
The only heroes that flash isn't (as) useful for are heros that can jump terrane obstacles in the first place.

Actually cleanse/flash is basically the definitive ezreal build right now as it basically allows him +2 chances to turn a bad situation into a good one for him. And it follows the same logic as the other champs in the broken tier like the Ashe/Janna combo. It's already difficult to get close to Ashe because of her huge aoe slow (and stun ult) but if you finally get close to a Ashe with a Janna on her team, Janna can just ult to put the enemy back at square 1 and likely by the time they reach Ashe or Janna again, they'll be in no condition to win the fight.
#7NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 6/1/2010 6:41:58 PM
Flash is good, he 3-0'd Jaedong afterall~
---
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3062/marisae.jpg
#8necroix05Posted 6/1/2010 6:57:35 PM

Flash is good, he 3-0'd Jaedong afterall~

HA
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
Add me if you play League of Legends: MrCowisBeast
#9CalmOfEmptinessPosted 6/1/2010 8:07:10 PM
flash is overrated on most champions, but ghost+cleanse is not

You do realize that Flash is just one Summoner spell and that Ghost+Cleanse are two, right?

Which means you can get Flash and something else? Think about that for a little bit.

TC, Flash is overrated, but it's an extremely good Summoner Spell nonetheless.

It helps you escape out of most CC. This is the most infuriating thing about Flash, as it pretty much guarantees escape out of all kinds of situations. You can also dodge all kinds of attacks, like Veigar's ultimate. It's pretty much a Cleanse and spell shield along with it's Blink property.

The distance it covers is not great, but since most Champions run at about the same speed, it gives you enough distance to stay out of their attack range and run to safety.

And it goes through walls, so if you are at all intelligent, you will always escape people chasing you in the jungle.

It also helps you on the offensive.

Flash is the best Summoner Spell on plenty of characters. It also has the same utility on almost every character. You're not going to use Heal on a character who's too squishy that they'll get One-shotted. You're not going to use Clarity on a champion without mana problems or one without mana at all. You're not using Ignite unless you're a damage character. And etc. etc. Flash has almost the same defensive utility on every character, and simply adds more to their offensive capabilities.
#10Slayer1217(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 8:27:39 PM
I've just been getting clarity and teleport. I NEED teleport, its just SO useful. And clarity means I hardly ever run out of mana, especially in the beginning when I am running low in mid.
---
http://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.gif