The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What is ap?

#1Flash628Posted 6/1/2010 9:42:02 PM
I am just only getting involved in this game, but I've been looking for like 10 minutes and can't seem to understand what AP is, anyone care to inform me?

Thanks in advance

---
WHOOSH!! -- The Flash is just so fast!
PSN - TheFlash628
#2VeeVeesPosted 6/1/2010 9:48:11 PM
ability power
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#3Twinrova225Posted 6/1/2010 9:50:30 PM
Ability power. For most characters, this effects how effective your 5 abilities are (Passive, and the Q, W, E, and R abilities).

Some characters have their abilites independent of stats, or based off of attack power, but generally, AP is what effects these abilities. Mage and support like Fiddlesticks and Janna, characters generally benefit from high AP, whereas a DPS style character, like Tristana or Ashe, benefit more from attack power.

---
Seriously. I hope that if you buy a boxed copy of it when it comes out , the guy at the counter just says, "No." -- screamingknife
#4Flash628(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 10:01:56 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it

---
WHOOSH!! -- The Flash is just so fast!
PSN - TheFlash628
#56_Padfoot_9Posted 6/1/2010 11:29:34 PM
Usually its ability power, but in some cases players are referring to armor penetration.
---
XBL GT: UnholyConqueror | Currently Playing: League of Legends/Alpha Protocol
Waiting for: Brink
#6HulkkisPosted 6/2/2010 4:15:55 AM
armor pen is always called arp.
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#7Aero_15Posted 6/2/2010 8:42:23 AM
Since we're talking about AP, may I ask if there's anyway to see in-game the ratio that AP translates to damage during a match?
I always have to check the League of Legends wikia when trying out new heroes, to see if it's worth it going AP or AD, and that's getting old.
---
To. Teh. Limit.
#8TheGunslingerXLPosted 6/3/2010 9:05:06 AM
Unfortunately there's not, but you should probably check it anyways, because the full description of abilities is listed there where only as summary is listed on the champion's page in game. Also, Leaguecraft will give you a general idea of what you can build the champion as, but a lot of those guides are just kind of "meh".
#9No LimitzPosted 6/3/2010 4:28:30 PM
You guys are wrong it stands for ALL PICK
---
PSN//XBL: djnolimitz Now Playing:SSFIV, Heavy Rain, BBCS, Touhou 12.3
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4112/hibikisig3.gif