Rate my Katarina build

#11baby blastodermPosted 6/8/2010 11:51:27 AM
Since we're talking about builds here, how should a good Kat run spread look like? This is what I have been using recently:

R: Magic Penetration Boost
Y: Health Boost
B: AP Boost
Quint: Health Boost
---
Desperately trying to learn Arakune, Noel and Nu-13 in BlazBle...
PSN: TheEduaves
#12OpforALLAHJIHADPosted 6/8/2010 6:04:37 PM
same runes setup for me except I run cooldown blues
#13VeeVeesPosted 6/8/2010 6:31:24 PM
mpen, dodge, resist, health?
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#14nothv13Posted 6/8/2010 7:35:48 PM

^ That sounds like a terrible build. Kat doesn't need HoG at ALL.

Probably the most effective build is:
Doran's, BoS or Sorc Shoes, 4 Best Friend Swords, and upgrade them to BT's once you have all 4.

That build I posted was used by the only person in high elo that used Kat effectively in that elo. Kat is squishy. In higher elo she dies extremely fast without the extra health and protection from the hearts of gold. Simply rushing the BF without the HoG works wonders in lower elo.
#15VeeVeesPosted 6/8/2010 8:29:15 PM

That build I posted was used by the only person in high elo that used Kat effectively in that elo. Kat is squishy. In higher elo she dies extremely fast without the extra health and protection from the hearts of gold. Simply rushing the BF without the HoG works wonders in lower elo.

it's also 5 months old
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#16nothv13Posted 6/9/2010 2:07:13 AM
And if you read my original I said best build for quite awhile. no where do I mention it still is the best build. I simply told the reason why it was thought to be the best build before the kat nerfing and buffing. Even now it works amazingly well.
#17baby blastodermPosted 6/12/2010 1:51:44 PM
Is there really a point to making Kat's cooldown or would it be better to just add more AP runes?
---
Desperately trying to learn Arakune, Noel and Nu-13 in BlazBle...
PSN: TheEduaves