The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Tristina build?

#1KTG2Posted 6/26/2010 9:18:25 PM
Not sure what to do, here : ( I usually take Dorans shield and then build her up with a zeal and stuff...but I'm also brand new to this game...so yeah, suggestions?
---
Resident Reds Fanatic
#2valicesPosted 6/26/2010 9:48:40 PM
Good start, Doran shield is excellent and zeal ain't bad at all. I advise last whisper or black cleaver for armor reduction, frozen mallet, and infinity edge. However many combinations of dps items work well on trist.
---
FCs in quote
#3Blazin_TwilightPosted 6/26/2010 9:54:37 PM
Tip from a Tristana main:
After your Doran's Shield, rush for an AD item. Depending on who I'm laning against, an Infinity Edge (BF, then Cloak, complete) or a Black Cleaver are usually the items I aim for. Build the boots between completing these items as well (do not build zerks; your Q is enough at the start). AS can wait, trust me. From there, get the other item you didn't start (or Last Whisper instead of Cleaver; do not get both BK and LW) with and build according to the enemy.
---
The answer to 75% of all Message Board questions: Google, look at an FAQ, and use the Search Bar.
Self reliance goes a LONG way.
#4KTG2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 10:09:47 PM
My main problem right now is I'm having no luck actually killing anybody. I play the run and hide game, I'm practicing jumping behind and spamming ultimate so they fly into turrets, nothing seems to kill anybody. I only hit for maybe 50 damage at the start : (
---
Resident Reds Fanatic
#5Wolf_Link_Posted 6/26/2010 10:15:32 PM
Trist has extremely low base damage, which is why you build those items. Just focus on last hitting those creeps; they'll give you the money you need to start pumping out hundreds of damage at a time.
---
Call me Zurr. Not 'Wolf', 'Link', or any other silly thing you think of. Zurr.
#6Blazin_TwilightPosted 6/26/2010 10:18:30 PM
As a Tristana early game, I make it my role to simply control my lane. I last hit and harass like no tomorrow. Deny creeps as best as possible, and use your ult to annoy and/or save your buddy. You have little killing power at mid/without a good lane partner. Just build up for end-game.
---
The answer to 75% of all Message Board questions: Google, look at an FAQ, and use the Search Bar.
Self reliance goes a LONG way.
#7KanrakuPosted 6/26/2010 11:46:27 PM
As far as I can tell the only time you're gonna get an early gank is 1 on 1 with jump->exploding shot->ignite->autoattack (and rapid fire if you have it). But you gotta make sure it's a squishy enough opponent. Usually not worth the risk unless there's first blood to be had or the enemy is pushing agressively at low health. If not, just sit back and harass.
#8RhaemePosted 6/27/2010 12:02:07 AM
Deny creeps as best as possible
---
Voltron had cats for arms. So when he punched you, you got mauled by cats. - Cereburus Q
Rhaeme made me lol irl --- lalak
#9Aero_15Posted 6/27/2010 12:09:16 AM
^He probably meant harassing the enemies so they can't get near creeps, essentially denying them the EXP and gold.
---
To. Teh. Limit.
#10CalmOfEmptinessPosted 6/27/2010 2:16:58 AM
If you are brand new, you should use this build:

Doran's Shield + HP Pot
BF Sword
Boots
Tear of the Goddess
Chalice of Harmony
Phage
Merc Treads
Black Cleaver
Frozen Mallet

This gives you a great balance between survivability, damage, and support.

See, let me go in a bit of detail:

Doran's Shield + HP Pot Start
-Simply the best start for Tristana, especially if you are new. HP Regen is good for early game, and the extra HP is fantastic and goes a very long way. You will win against other newbies who buy Vampire Scepters, because they won't be getting as much gold as you are, and you can harass them and they will be screwed.

BF Sword
-NEVER build attack speed early game. All characters just have terrible attack speed to start off with, and it's a weird multiplicative stat; you only get good gains from attack speed items if you have good attack speed to start off with. So, you want to build damage first. Damage is the same no matter what stage of the game you're at, and is worth the money. This should be your second item. While your peers will be getting Malady at this point of the game, you will be out damaging them for the same price at all times in the game.

Boots
-Mobility is very key. You need to at least be as fast as your enemy, so everyone needs Boots.

Tear of the Goddess
-This seems kind of weird to put here, but Tristana has some mana issues if she spams her abilities. This item is cheap and will simply make sure you never run out of mana.

Chalice of Harmony
-You will have absolutely no mana issues if you take both Tear and Chalice.

Phage
-A survivability and damage item. Survivability is key in this game, and this is a premier survivability item for damage characters. When you're just starting at this game, you WILL have the edge. Plus, it has a slow that triggers 25% of the time. When you activate her Rapid Fire, you will probably trigger the slow twice, AND you can jump on top of them to keep them in your grasp. This also gives you the HP to escape a situation.

Merc Treads/Boots of Swiftness
-This is probably the best Boots on Tristana. I highly recommend Cleanse on Tristana as a Summoner Spell, but for any time Cleanse is off, this will save your butt; thanks to your HP, you may get stunned, but you won't die immediately, and Merc Treads will make sure you can shake it off and Rocket Jump away in time. Plus, you get some Magic Resist, so even more survivability.
-Boots of Swiftness give you more mobility, so you may want to try those.

Black Cleaver
-This is your big damage. By the time you get this, you should have maxed out your Rapid Fire, so now you are maximizing your damage output. Cleaver gives you great damage, but does something even better; you reduce enemy Armor. You will probably reduce the armor of most enemies to almost 0 after 5 shots, especially since you are a newbie, as few people may build armor against you. Reducing or Penetrating enemy armor is the best way to increase your damage, and so this item does both. It also makes you even more valuable to the team as a whole because Cleaver reduces THEIR armor; it makes them weaker for your entire team to prey on.

Frozen Mallet
-By this time, the game should start to end. This gives you even more survivability than Phage, a great 700 extra HP. The other thing is it's a guaranteed slow, as opposed to the 25% chance slow on Phage. You will trap enemies and they will die. Foremost, they can't run away easily. If they have an escape mechanism, you can just follow them with Rocket Jump. If they try to jump at you, you Rocket Jump away and keep on shooting at them. And, again, you're helping your team by slowing down the enemy. By the lategame, you should be doing big damage, and an item that keeps your enemy from running away from your power is the item you need.