How to build Cho Gath?

#1MaeivPosted 7/16/2010 5:11:15 PM
From the guides I seen on the LoL forums, I am pretty torn on what to do.

One guide told me to ignore scream and go straight for vorpal and rupture first. It then tells me to get Warmogs and tanking items

Another tells me to build rupture/scream with AP items.

Which is better?
---
Keep it real
GO 76ers!! 27-55
#2VeeVeesPosted 7/16/2010 5:12:34 PM
first guide is fail
second is correct
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#3RaydricLordPosted 7/16/2010 5:13:47 PM
AP Cho'Gath is the only way.
---
"What is Riot's stance on the morality of queue dodging?" - Saltor666
"Worse than jaywalking, less bad than adultery and murder." - Zileas
#4alvinxiePosted 7/16/2010 5:49:42 PM

first guide is fail
second is correct

AP Cho'Gath is the only way.

Listen to these
---
Applesauce is good.
#5SepherinPosted 7/16/2010 6:03:11 PM
if you build up chogath with tanking items his effectiveness as a tank goes down O_O. Basically his damage will be so poor that he is just a guy with high hp whining that everyone is ignoring him. Give him AP items though (rod if ages, ryaels (sp the slow one) and you end up with a very high hp caster that can dish out damage. Add the fact that his spells slow/silence and that once every minute or so he can omnomnom someone (which scales very well). And suddenly you have a threat. He is still not quite a tank, but he also cannot be ignored. I love having a caster that can just wail on a tower despite it frantically tryin to take him down.
---
#6VoidgolemPosted 7/16/2010 6:17:51 PM
Warmogs is pretty much bad for everyone. Except maybe Shen.

Cho has beastly AP ratios and his ult gives him more than enough fat to throw around, get your mage on.
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#7NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 7/16/2010 6:38:59 PM
Build AP/tank. Cho has really good AP ratios, and doesn't need a whole lot of AP to be able to do hilarious amounts of damage, and the survivability items will make it difficult for them to focus you down once they realize how much of a threat you are. Can nuke combo for upwards of 2k with just Zhonya's + one other AP item like Abyssal Scepter. Don't stack health. Get some resists because Cho has naturally high HP with Feast. Guardian's Angel is mandatory to preserve Feast stacks along with the balanced mitigation it provides. Regrowth pendant is probably the best starting item, since when combined with your passive, you can stay in lane easily even against dedicated harass. Sell it later if you want, doesn't matter. It will pay for itself. Once you have Boots(I like Swiftness, but will get merc's if they have alot of CC) + GA + an AP item, you build depending on the enemy team's comp.

For skilling, don't get Scream until midgame when teamfights start. You don't have the mana to support Rupture and Scream early game, and a point or two of Vorpal from 1-5 gives you extremely easy lasthitting ability during laning, even if their minion line is up against your tower, along with some nasty harass. Being able to autoattack someone for 100 combined damage early game after a pop-up+slow from Rupture hurts. If there's a nuker in your lane being annoying, feel free to drop a point in Scream early. Try to build up your Feast stacks ASAP once you hit 6 unless you're reasonably sure you can grab a kill.
#8VoidgolemPosted 7/16/2010 6:47:14 PM
Personally, I favor grabbing Strength of Spirit (Regen boosted by % of max mana) in defense, thus solving regen and mana issues with a sapphire crystal >.>

Mileage my vary, of course.
---
'This would be my cue to say something snarky, wouldn't it? I'll have to remember that. For the next time you make an idiot of yourself...'
#9NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 7/16/2010 6:55:24 PM
Sapphire and Strength of Spirit works, but against real bastard laners like Morde, I don't feel that the amount of regen that provides is enough.

Also, I do like to shore up my healthpool as the game goes on with at least one health item like Frozen Mallet, Rylai's, or maybe Soul Shroud if my team can really benefit from the aura.
#10alvinxiePosted 7/17/2010 7:09:11 AM

Build AP/tank. Cho has really good AP ratios, and doesn't need a whole lot of AP to be able to do hilarious amounts of damage, and the survivability items will make it difficult for them to focus you down once they realize how much of a threat you are. Can nuke combo for upwards of 2k with just Zhonya's + one other AP item like Abyssal Scepter. Don't stack health. Get some resists because Cho has naturally high HP with Feast. Guardian's Angel is mandatory to preserve Feast stacks along with the balanced mitigation it provides. Regrowth pendant is probably the best starting item, since when combined with your passive, you can stay in lane easily even against dedicated harass. Sell it later if you want, doesn't matter. It will pay for itself. Once you have Boots(I like Swiftness, but will get merc's if they have alot of CC) + GA + an AP item, you build depending on the enemy team's comp.

For skilling, don't get Scream until midgame when teamfights start. You don't have the mana to support Rupture and Scream early game, and a point or two of Vorpal from 1-5 gives you extremely easy lasthitting ability during laning, even if their minion line is up against your tower, along with some nasty harass. Being able to autoattack someone for 100 combined damage early game after a pop-up+slow from Rupture hurts. If there's a nuker in your lane being annoying, feel free to drop a point in Scream early. Try to build up your Feast stacks ASAP once you hit 6 unless you're reasonably sure you can grab a kill.

Did you suggest getting vorpal and saying that GA is a core item on him? and regrowth.
Fail guide is fail.
---
Applesauce is good.