The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What does "jungle" mean?

#1SpinnahPosted 7/29/2010 6:11:28 AM
See title.
---
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge. -Elbert Hubbard
#2oogarasuPosted 7/29/2010 6:14:45 AM
Usually refers to a hero who doesn't go into a lane at the start, and starts off by killing just the creep camps around the interior of the map (small golems, wolves, big golem, lizards, dragon).

Having a jungler gives you another solo lane, so a second lane that doesn't have to share XP and gold from last hitting.
#3Spinnah(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2010 6:20:10 AM
Ah, thanks. Does this negatively effect the hero who is jungling because he is not getting kills in the lane or does it balance out?
---
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge. -Elbert Hubbard
#4oogarasuPosted 7/29/2010 6:22:16 AM
a average jungling hero can keep up (in level and gold) with the 2v2 lane. Some heroes/players can keep up with the 1v1/1v2 lanes.

One other advantage is it makes ganking easier, since the other team is never sure when/if you are coming to the lane from the side.
#5Spinnah(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2010 6:24:35 AM
Cool, thanks.
---
#6skitz_oh_frinicPosted 7/29/2010 6:40:20 AM
If your would-be laning partner is alone in the lane, he gains more XP and has a better chance to farm minions for gold. Since you're getting your gold and XP from the jungle, the net-gain of the team is higher. Generally, a proper jungler gains XP just as fast as a champion with a laning partner beside them.

Starting out jungling is only a good idea when you know your teammates can hold the extra lane on their own. A lot of people fail to realize this, and leave a partner alone who doesn't have a laning game versus two champions.

Jungle responsibly.

Generally, you'll jungle up to your first 1000-ish gold item, and maybe Boots of Speed. From there, you'll either hop in the lane, go try and gank or grab Dragon. Your jungling order is character specific, and depends on how your runes are set up. A runeless player may have to start with wolves and work up, while a decked out player can start with Big Golem.
#7oogarasuPosted 7/29/2010 6:46:23 AM
"Starting out jungling is only a good idea when you know your teammates can hold the extra lane on their own. A lot of people fail to realize this, and leave a partner alone who doesn't have a laning game versus two champions."

That's important. Last game (I only solo queue) our Udyr decided to jungle, which is great, he's a great jungler. Our Karthus went mid, and our Nidalee and Trist both went bottom leaving me as Shen to 2v1 top. Can't remember who I was laning against, but it was a Sion and a ranged, and it was rough.
#8Spinnah(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2010 7:09:15 AM
From: skitz_oh_frinic | Posted: 7/29/2010 6:40:20 AM | #006
Starting out jungling is only a good idea when you know your teammates can hold the extra lane on their own. A lot of people fail to realize this, and leave a partner alone who doesn't have a laning game versus two champions.

Well I'm not planning to do it anytime soon, I dunno if any of the characters I play can even do it properly. I just see the term around a lot and was curious to what I meant and how it was used. But thanks for the information and tips.
---
To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me. - Isaac Newton