Noob Here

#15socks5Posted 8/7/2010 10:22:39 PM
Hey all. I'm new to the game (just got to level 4) and I'm doing decently enough, but I was wondering which items I should get? I've realized that the reccommended items aren't always the best so which items should I get? Also do you have any strategies besides the basics? A.K.A. which players go to which lanes and how to avoid damage from towers.
#2ArcticPlaguePosted 8/7/2010 10:23:26 PM
*Newb
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor
#35socks5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2010 10:26:55 PM
I always mix them up. I can never remember which is which.
#4BlizWisePosted 8/7/2010 10:33:03 PM
there the same.... dont let stupid people tell you different...
#5ArcticPlaguePosted 8/7/2010 10:35:01 PM
Newb, short for newbie.
Calling yourself a noob is pretty much degrading yourself.

Anyways...

I was wondering which items I should get?
It depends on the champion that you use! I suggest looking up specific Champion guides on leaguecraft.com to find an item build for the champion you choose.

II've realized that the reccommended items aren't always the best so which items should I get?
It's somewhat hard to put this one into words, but people find ways to make Champions good with items that aren't in the recommended list. Look for an item build for your champion at leaguecraft.com and see what other items are better.

Also do you have any strategies besides the basics? A.K.A. which players go to which lanes and how to avoid damage from towers.
Generally, there are 2 in the top lane, 2 in the bottom, and 1 in the middle- (There's the solo laning and jungler, but that's a story for another day.).

Champions that can push hard or can benefit the team from gaining experience faster belong in the mid lane. Hard pushers like Mordekaiser and Heimerdinger. Champions like Ryze and Ezreal, that benefit quick from fast exp gain, can benefit your team in assisting to gank enemy champions in the top and bottom lane. Basically, the one in the mid lane has quite a lot on their shoulders, and should perform the task as mid laner well.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor
#6Aero_15Posted 8/7/2010 10:37:31 PM
You don't get the same items in every match. It depends on your champion, and your enemies.
There are some items that you should never get though, and they are:
Berserker's Greaves (worst boots)
Philosopher Stone (outclassed by Chalice of Harmony)
Wit's End (attack damage is more important, specially early in the game)
Tiamat (BF sword is cheaper and provide more damage. Splash damage isn't half as useful in LoL)
Warmog's Armor (overpriced)
Malady (outclassed by Stark's Fervor, which also has a helpful aura for your teammates)

To avoid getting hit by the tower, you have to pay attention at your creep wave, and how much damage it does to your creeps. If there are creeps from your side nearby, the tower will prioritize them first, so you can freely hit it. But be careful, if you hit an enemy champion, the tower will stop focusing whichever creep it's focusing and will attack you instead, to defend their champions. There are many ways to hit a champion, sometimes you aren't even attacking them. For instance, if you are Singed, and you poison an enemy champion, the tower will attack you as soon as you get near its range, simply because you are damaging one of its champions.
---
To. Teh. Limit.
#7DartkunPosted 8/7/2010 11:36:29 PM
BlizWise | Posted 8/8/2010 12:33:03 AM | message detail
there the same.... dont let stupid people tell you different...

NO, 100% WRONG. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON.

If you have been a gamer before it got trendy and people started using noob like it was hip. You would know that

Newb is the short hand for newbie. It means you are new to something and it has NO connotation attached to it. Typically willing to learn. Everyone was a newbie at one point.

n00b or Noob is the slur version of newb. This new spelling represents a beginner who is.

A) Unwilling to learn (Thinks that whatever they do is the correct way to play, even with tons and tons of people and resources telling them otherwise)
B) Unwilling to admit their own faults (Blames everyone and everything before themselves)

And please do not confuse it for Scrub.

Scrub is not synonymous with newb or noob.

Watch this post get modded with actual info.
---
youtube.com/user/Shinius
twitter.com/dartkun
#8DragonslashPosted 8/7/2010 11:44:36 PM
Dark is right. If you have gamed for the past 10 years you'd know this.
N00b and newb are clearly different.

N00b= That arrogant person acting like they know what they are talking about when they know nothing. They complain a lot. They don't put effort into getting good into the game and expect them to be tournament winners in seconds and they don't listen to other's advice because they know better.

Newb= Someone willing to learn the game and is fairly new or bad. Not a bad thing, it's fine to be newb. It's like being called rookie.
Everyone hits this stage, just don't be a n00b.
---
My code 3694 9741 2596
Nick= WooDo
#9FatesadventPosted 8/7/2010 11:45:22 PM
For summoner abilities, should probably ditch heal and revive as soon as you can (and smite, except for a few cases).