54 to 25 kills, they backdoor and win.

#61random_noobiePosted 8/13/2010 1:20:26 PM
we aced the team, pushed out of our base to kill them and left our heimer to defend.

unfortunately, he was retarded and shaco was able to backdoor and win.

brb uninstalling.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
#62Slayer1217(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 2:48:54 PM

The game is defined by the game. That is all. Not your preconceptions about the game. What is the goal in League of Legends?

The goal is to kill the Nexus.

Killing champions helps get you fed.
Getting fed helps you kill towers faster. But obviously, you don't have to be fed to kill towers.
Killing towers lets you get to the Nexus.

Don't let imaginary rules about how the game works clog your mind. Yes, killing champions helps, but its not the main point.

The game is defined by who won or who lost. If you lost, your team is less skilled at League of Legends. If you won, your team is more skilled. That's it. That's all there is to it. The exception being people who are intentionally disrupting gameplay by leaving or feeding. Then its hard to judge a team's skillfulness.

Skill is defined by the game. Not your definition.

That is so flawed. Lets say "the game" has a new function where after 20 minutes of play the first person to write the ABC's in the chat log wins the game. That is not skill as I would define it.

If the game is allowing people to use tactics that are cheap and don't require skill, then it is the GAMES problem.
---
http://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.gif
#63EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 8/13/2010 2:59:43 PM
They aren't cheap and do require skill.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#64Hyper InfernoPosted 8/13/2010 3:02:22 PM
That is so flawed. Lets say "the game" has a new function where after 20 minutes of play the first person to write the ABC's in the chat log wins the game. That is not skill as I would define it.

If the game is allowing people to use tactics that are cheap and don't require skill, then it is the GAMES problem.

In the case of the first game, that'd be a terrible game and no one would play it. Doesn't stop the game from defining skill as "after 20 minutes of play the first person to write the ABC's in the chat log wins". It'd just be a very bad game.

But once again, it doesn't matter how YOU define skill. It matters how the GAME defines skill.

So, if the game is allowing people to use certain tactics, then that's that. Regardless of whether you consider the tactic skillful or unskillful, it doesn't matter. If you can pull the tactic off or not is the demonstration of what the game deems to be skill, not whether the tactic in and of itself is skillful by any single player's definition.

You're holding yourself back because you're clinging to your own definition of skill instead of accepting the game's definition. Its not going to get any better until you drop your own imagined ruleset and play by what the game provides. Play the actual game.

Go ahead, stop playing. The game is plenty strong without you.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#65Grand_CardinalPosted 8/13/2010 6:26:56 PM
Hyper and Lionheart have displayed the most intelligence in this thread. Somehow my machine is reading the TC as negative, which is quite odd.
---
The Blue Panda | Zerg
Never Surrender.
#66alvinxiePosted 8/13/2010 6:30:05 PM

Hyper and Lionheart have displayed the most intelligence in this thread. Somehow my machine is reading the TC as negative, which is quite odd.

Actually most people here are just feeding the troll.
#67The DisturbedPosted 8/13/2010 7:51:17 PM
lol, you left dinger to go one on one with a level 18 shaco.

That's good.
---
DesertFuneral|Abel
As Kazekage, I cannot lose.
#68Soveliss07Posted 8/13/2010 8:03:02 PM
how about you leave a character that can actually defend against backdooring at the base instead of heimer? he's dependent on his turrets and is more useful pushing than defending. especially if they have a lvl 18 shaco. backdooring is a legitimate strategy, that anyone can utilize. just learn to defend whenever they have a champ that can backdoor easily.