Lane Udyr.

#1jamiemadrox024Posted 9/23/2010 10:37:14 PM
Hey, just picked up Udyr and have absolutely no knowledge on jungling (or runes for it currently) and was wondering if Udyr is viable for laning? At least until I get his character felt out and ArPen Red / Armor Yellows for jungling.
I've tried jungling w/ my caster runepage (only one I have atm), and it wasn't bad, but it didn't feel optimal. I was able to kill everything pretty fine (solo'd dragon at 5 np), but I always seemed to be at 10-25% health and I imagine I can hardly pop out and gank someone with that kind of life.

tl;dr
Is laning with Udyr viable or will I just gimp myself and my lanemate by doing so?
#2ZallKlosPosted 9/23/2010 10:41:34 PM
You can pull stuff up if your lane partner can disable or opponents can't figure out how to ward bushes.
---
Are girls something with ".jpg" at the end of their name?
#3CubonedPosted 9/23/2010 11:00:11 PM
He lanes fine.
#4valicesPosted 9/23/2010 11:21:40 PM
Laning udyr is a detriment to a team, especially if there isn't a jungler. He brings so little to a lane a good combo will destroy udyr+anything.

It's not hard to jungle with him, and if you must play him learn the right way.
---
FCs in quote
#5StrifeTribalPosted 9/23/2010 11:36:37 PM
It's true laning Udyr is brutal. If you play really defensively, stay back, you can do something mid game for ganking or at least get madreds to go jungle a little.

Also get attack speed runes for jungling with udyr. Get his phoenix first, cloth armor 5 pots and have a field day.
You might also want to get some magic resist runes and cooldown reduction.