Masteries for Pantheon?

#1CrazyLarkinPosted 11/4/2010 11:39:36 AM
I looked on leaguecraft, but all their Panth guides are...below average. Seriously. One even went Full Offense, and I was like, 'yeah if you want to die in 2 hits'.

What I've been doing with him is a tank hybrid mastery tree.

11/16/3.

Gives him survivability(With Dorans Shield, I have the mana regen runes), Armor pierce/CD, and health/mana regen.

Thoughts?
---
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x229/suckasage/9zu6w2.gif
I only want pretty people dancing on my stage.
#2PhoenixNinePosted 11/4/2010 12:41:30 PM
How about you search for one of the 300 topics I posted Pantheon build/builds in?
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#3CrazyLarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 12:42:33 PM

How about you search for one of the 300 topics I posted Pantheon build/builds in?

I don't really want to sift through 300 panth topics.

The ones I did read through, only had build suggestions, no mastery discussion.
---
#4BorowolfPosted 11/4/2010 12:58:37 PM
Just came out of a game as Pantheon as I've been playing alot as him lately.

I go 0/21/9, taking Ghost and Ignite. Usually start off with either a Long Sword and build into Ghostblade or sometimes go with Meki Pendant at start and then go off with Ghostblade. I heard rumours Last Whisper is good on him now and I've tried it out. I can't judge so much but it seems to work well.

One thing Pantheon taught me is just how awesome Elixirs really are. =D
---
GT: Wolfiexe
Currently playing - League of Legends & Guitar Hero WoR
#5Aero_15Posted 11/4/2010 1:05:01 PM
The regeneration thing in Utility is completely useless.

When people have to go down the Utility Tree, it's usually with one point in Haste (Improved ghost), two in Good Hands (reduced time spent dead) and one in Perseverance (because the first level is better than the other two).

Personally, I go down the Defensive Tree, but I'm biased. I go 21 on defense with every melee champion aside from Shaco. It's up to you, really, there are many ways to play each champion.

If you want to get the most out of Offense, stop at Sunder (6 armor penetration). Don't bother getting Alacrity (4% attack speed), you'll barely be auto-attacking. Get Sorcery (4% cooldown reduction), instead. Never get Archaic Knowledge (15% spell pen), as you have no magic damage.

Lethality (10% extra crit damage) is sort of useful, but honestly, it won't make that much of a difference and you'd have to go way down the Offensive Tree to get it.
---
To. Teh. Limit.
#6CrazyLarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 1:12:25 PM
Thanks for the tips.
---
#7CrazyLarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 1:13:56 PM
But yeah, I've been trying different masteries and Defense seems to make the biggest difference(Armor, MR, and 60+Health to go with my 3 health quints) in the beginning.
---
#8PhoenixNinePosted 11/5/2010 5:36:30 AM
Okay, masteries.

21/0/9

You get Ghost/XP from utility and everything good in offense (including the crit damage and most importantly armor pen)

Alternatively you can put a point in defense (Preservation) if going for the Revive gimmick.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#9ArmyOfWinPosted 11/5/2010 5:39:18 AM
If you aren't running revive pantheon you are doing it boring.
#10Cody14WPosted 11/5/2010 6:22:13 AM

I go 21/9/0 for masteries on my panth and take ghost + exhaust but im playing more of a dps than a tank. sometimes i go full offence if the other team is pretty squishy(able to KO them in about 1-3 Qs or just auto atk them down fast) or i build yomuus and either build into a tanky dps hybrid or a pusher depending on whats needed.

Thats the thing i really like about panth is theres alot of ways to build him and work really well.