Why playing as Janna support is no fun

#1CheeseItBagginsPosted 12/16/2010 12:30:02 AM
5v5, big teamfight breaks out. An Ashe and an Evelynn are being silly and get caught out of position at mid river. I shield the Ashe, jump out, Flash on to the ramp, use Monsoon to break away the enemy and heal my teammates, HG cancel to knock up the whole team. No deaths and just enough time for my other teammates to jump in as well and lay waste to the entire enemy team.

This happened a few more times during the game, with some quick shielding and timed Monsoons. I accidentally take 1 kill and end up at 1/2/19.

End of the game my teammates say 'Thanks useless Janna, 1/2/19!!'.

*Sigh*

---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. Assuming control. This hurts you.
#2CBratePosted 12/16/2010 12:35:32 AM
/perilsofsoloqueue

---
Why would you pay for a video game guide to tell you how bad you are when I'm willing to do it for free?
#3CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2010 12:36:27 AM
It wasn't even :(
I need new friends.

---
#4Red MinotaurPosted 12/16/2010 12:42:46 AM
Are you serious? You call those friends?

Grow a pair and/or get new friends man.
---
"Some things are worth waiting for?!"
#5miraclematterPosted 12/16/2010 12:45:08 AM
Sounds like you did good, but sadly too many people don't notice that /A after their K/D.
I mean, I could care less, I know I helped us win and had a blast doing it.

<3 Janna
---
This game is horrible. Valve removes all the good bugs. ~S_R
What? There's plenty of good bugs left, like the Hercules Beetle and the Praying Mantis. ~aak
#6Froggie48Posted 12/16/2010 12:45:41 AM
Play with better people. If i get a score of 1/2/19 as Janna my team will usually thank me, while the enemy shakes their E-fist at me in rage.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#7CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2010 1:01:01 AM
By 'friends' I mean 'People I regularly play with', nothing more.

They only care about kills and go 'DID YOU SEE MY DAMAGE? I ABSOLUTELY RAPE WITH <insert any character>'.

Like above poster said, it's enough that you helped win the fight, but in a support role, the only thing you really can get rewarded with is a 'thank you' from your teammates.

---
#8GrenadiusPosted 12/16/2010 1:02:06 AM
I've played Janna a few times as support since she's free this week, and I'm probably done with it.

There's just no end to the teammates raging at you for one thing or another. Apparently it's okay to blame support champions for ANYTHING. I swear, I could play Master Yi, stack magic resist, go 0-10-0 and STILL have less people chew me out than going something like 5-7-30 with Janna.
#9mattislegionPosted 12/16/2010 1:06:45 AM
Tanks and support get no respect.
---
"When you asked for light I set myself on fire."
#10ArmyOfWinPosted 12/16/2010 1:09:51 AM
to be fair, a janna/sona/taric can play really badly and still stack a lot of assists. they can also play really well and get a lot of assists.

k/d/a matters very little for a support.