Counter Kassadin

#1FierceDeity2Posted 2/9/2011 11:12:54 AM
I play Anivia a lot and have been laned against Kassadin a few times recently. Sometimes I'm lucky and it's a noob Kassadin. But more often than not I'm so helpless that I can't get any CS. My Q can't compete with his early game so getting too close means I'm taking a hit that silences me from throwing my ice ball. Once Kass hits lvl6 it's pretty much impossible to lane against him. He'll blink in front of my face, silence me for MASSIVE DAMAGE and is way out of my range before I have any chance to retaliate.

As far as I can tell the best thing to do is change lanes.... but the last 2 times I tried that the opposing team did the same =\
---
nou
#2VeeVeesPosted 2/9/2011 11:20:31 AM
um....you have more range? and survivability?
q him before he silence and autoattack him until he's at his tower and zone him out. worst case scenario is he burst you into an egg and whack you a few times with his lol autoattack. then you sit back and farm with your range.
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#3SC6Posted 2/9/2011 11:22:03 AM
farm more harass less
each time you harass with Q you're pushing
his silence is doing you a favor
---
"This mission will be over the second I land" - Zechs Merquise
#4ArythAngelblazePosted 2/9/2011 11:25:02 AM
Throw your Q when he targets you and tries to silence you. If it connects use E and back off until you get Q again. Do whatever you can to gain and keep a level advantage. If your Q just refuses to connect, best you can do is hope for a gank.
#5Hyper InfernoPosted 2/9/2011 12:54:34 PM
If you throw your Q as Anivia and Kassadin silences you (which he will), you can't pop the Q to stun Kassadin. This makes it very difficult to get double damage E's, since the chill will probably wear off before the silence. At level 6, normally Anivia becomes queen of harass with E+R. Against most champions you can be lazy and do R+E. Not against Kassadin. You have to use E+R instead, otherwise his silence will cut off the E. (Thankfully, it'll also put R on cooldown faster so you drain less mana). And Kassadin just Riftwalk you in the face anyway.

Against Kassadin, your focus is on farming, not harassing. Kassadin's passive makes it a lot harder to force him out of the lane for Anivia than many other champions.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#6enameaPosted 2/9/2011 1:12:16 PM
Casters naturally have the most difficult time laning against Kass. It is ideal to immediately switch with your ranged carry if you see you are facing off with him. You may also want to consider investing a few points into your wall to prevent Kass from approaching you to harass.
Finally, unless you know you won't get silenced, wait until after silence to harass him.
#7VeeVeesPosted 2/9/2011 1:46:45 PM

If you throw your Q as Anivia and Kassadin silences you (which he will), you can't pop the Q to stun Kassadin. This makes it very difficult to get double damage E's, since the chill will probably wear off before the silence. At level 6, normally Anivia becomes queen of harass with E+R. Against most champions you can be lazy and do R+E. Not against Kassadin. You have to use E+R instead, otherwise his silence will cut off the E. (Thankfully, it'll also put R on cooldown faster so you drain less mana). And Kassadin just Riftwalk you in the face anyway.

Against Kassadin, your focus is on farming, not harassing. Kassadin's passive makes it a lot harder to force him out of the lane for Anivia than many other champions.

it kinda depends on the distance but the point is not to Q+E combo him but merely do enough damage through Q and autoattack to counter his harass. when you die you get egg, when he dies he dies. you have to keep his hp close to your level to scare him or else kass is just going to walk all over you, get easy farm, and be a **** load of trouble for your side lanes.
---
narutu sand ninja
**** charlie brown christmas
#8professor xPosted 2/9/2011 4:36:47 PM
I never understood how people have trouble laning against Kass pre-6. Ok so he has silence, so what? Once he Q hit you, he has NOTHING left except his melee attack. Don't be an idiot and let him Q you then be scared to do anything.. Let him Q you, wait for the silence to end. Then run past the creep line, right into his face and blow everything. Kass can't do jack while his Q is on cooldown, E won't be usable until 6 skills have been used and deal crap damage early on. Most importantly, he is MELEE. He has to get into range to last hit, you can auto attack him for free and there is nothing he can do about it.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#9Twinrova225Posted 2/9/2011 4:40:13 PM
Autoattack him if he tries to harass you pre-level 6. His only harass is in Q.
---
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery
#10Red MinotaurPosted 2/10/2011 11:55:06 AM

I never understood how people have trouble laning against Kass pre-6. Ok so he has silence, so what? Once he Q hit you, he has NOTHING left except his melee attack. Don't be an idiot and let him Q you then be scared to do anything.. Let him Q you, wait for the silence to end. Then run past the creep line, right into his face and blow everything. Kass can't do jack while his Q is on cooldown, E won't be usable until 6 skills have been used and deal crap damage early on. Most importantly, he is MELEE. He has to get into range to last hit, you can auto attack him for free and there is nothing he can do about it.

I see you spewing this crap in every topic, how about you just 1v1 you Aniv me Kass? No? Good. And sorry buddy, Aniv is 300 MS too.

Aniv vs Kass is a really difficult match for Aniv, gonna be pressed hard until you get to 6, then it becomes almost even. If he ever rifts in throw down your ult on reaction or predict it and punish HARD after the silence is off. Throw that Q+E out, that's some massive dmg right there and if you have ignite he's probably dead or recall.

And listen to him, he knows what's going on.
---
"Some things are worth waiting for?!"