Legendary Skins?

#1atatkillerPosted 3/14/2011 12:12:33 PM
About to head out and buy the $25 riot point card while in town. I was wondering if any of the legendary skins are worth of 18XX point cost. I love the look of Lion's Dance and Its freaking Gentleman Cho'gath nuff said. But are they actually worth spending so many riot point on if you only own like 3 champions?
---
A campaign in the Highlands. Because the bare bottomed zombies in Mercy Hospital weren't enough, now you want zombies in kilts jumping at you! -Doktor_Wilhelm-
#2eijiyukiPosted 3/14/2011 12:15:33 PM
yes
#3GobizkuPosted 3/14/2011 12:25:51 PM
If you only own 3 champions? No. Buy a bundle if you can afford it.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#4Worm199Posted 3/14/2011 12:30:29 PM
I have Corporate Mundo, Magnificent Twisted Fate and Primal Udyr.

Corporate Mundo and Primal Udyr are awesome and well worth the money if you main these champs.

Its hard to call Magnificent Twisted Fate a skin, since it only really has a different teleport animation. The skin looks cool, but not worth that many points.
#5GForceDragonPosted 3/14/2011 12:31:02 PM
Brolaf is the best legendary skin, but if you only have a few champions you're much better off buying a bundle.
---
I knew the risks when I clicked Post Message.
#6IceMage20Posted 3/14/2011 12:41:40 PM(edited)
Brolaf, Gentleman Cho, and Corporate Mundo are the best because they change all voice lines along with the visuals. Astronaut Teemo has a neat coming-from-a-helmet voice but his lines are the same, Piltover Blitzcrank just has a few new different sound effects and animations (and looks awesome), Lion Dance Kog just has the fireworks attacks, and I don't know anything about Magnificent Twisted Fate (other than the fact that it's apparently the worst Legendary) or Alien Heimer (other than the fact that it changes his turrets, like all his skins do).

So, IMO, those first three are definitely worth it, but the rest... only if you really like the champion and also really like the look of the skin.
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321
#7eijiyukiPosted 3/14/2011 12:42:02 PM
Depends. I only own 3 champions also, but I have no interest in other characters yet. I play a AP dmg, AD Dmg and a tank.
#8Awesome_BastardPosted 3/14/2011 12:43:36 PM
most legendays have different sounds and animations

firefighter trist watched a youtube video ... shoot water with gunshot - whoopi
red baron corki - have not watched a good video - seems lame
brolof has a sweet name but the skin I dont feel is worth legendary
cho is ok, he gets bigger with the top hat
astro teemo probably has the most work with satalites instead of shrooms
potato head(heim) turrets are more like ray guns - not bad
Blitz is boss with peeling tired noises
kog shoots out fireworks instead of slime - nice
dr.m throws a brifcase - ok
the magnificent twisted fate - lame

pick a champ that your good with.
I would grab the cho and blitz but i dont have enough rp
---
Anyone who claims they're Awesome is just really a Bastard.
#9hibbijoPosted 3/14/2011 12:53:45 PM
If you only have 3 champions, actually buy the game its 20$. You get a skin, a whole bundle of champs and 10$ in RP.
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O