Annie item build

#1dgcoolPosted 8/4/2011 9:45:53 AM
I tried some Annie item builds from solomid and did well. Recently however, I decided to switch it up a bit and I have been doing the following: Amplifying Tome + HP pot > Fiendish Tome + boots > Sorc boots > Death Cap > Morello's > Void Staff/Rylai's/situational. I am really loving the decreased cooldown as I seem to have Tibbers up much more frequently, which is a tremendous asset. The MP regen helps Annie quite a bit as well. Thoughts?
#2ritz2Posted 8/4/2011 9:50:09 AM
Abyssal is better than void
Riley's only works to the full effect when using your q and will be extremely situational considering that you have an aoe stun
---
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/Melonwaters/4524032.jpg
#32pp3nd1xPosted 8/4/2011 9:51:46 AM
Whatever works for you, I like to build tanky as Annie, like Rod of Ages, Rylai's possibly, void staff, abyssal scepter, depends on the enemy team but fed Annies that build squishy are generally not scary to me.
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
#4kanated123Posted 8/4/2011 10:01:39 AM
Rabadons, Rod of Ages, Void Staff + Tanky.

Annie is tanky enough mid game with a Rod of Ages and her shield.
#5Village IdiotPosted 8/4/2011 10:03:01 AM
Rod of Ages
Sorc Boots
Rylais
Deathcap
Whatever
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#6dgcool(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 10:43:39 AM(edited)
Rod of Ages
Sorc Boots
Rylais
Deathcap
Whatever

Doesn't this postpone your burst capabilities until it's almost too late? The reason I "rush" rabadons is because most games, like the professional dreamhack games, only seem to last 25-35ish minutes. So if I wait on something like rabadons until the late game (RoA+Sorc+Rylai's = 7240g + deathcap =10840 total needed), I either might have already won significantly beforehand, or if I am on the losing team, I will almost never have the possibility of getting it. Does tanky > damage on an AP carry?
#7ArcticPlaguePosted 8/4/2011 10:55:21 AM
You can stack Mana Crystals and still penta the entire team at level 1.

Just blindfold yourself and slide your face left and right on the keyboard.
#8ViViOROPosted 8/4/2011 11:58:13 AM
for me:

Boots+3pots
If I'm farming well in laning phase, Catalyst. If not get a doran rings
RoA
Rhabs
(defense item like banshees veil)

Rushing rhab first isn't my style of play since lane sustainability is low for me
#9Village IdiotPosted 8/4/2011 1:33:31 PM
dgcool3783 posted...
Rod of Ages
Sorc Boots
Rylais
Deathcap
Whatever

Doesn't this postpone your burst capabilities until it's almost too late? The reason I "rush" rabadons is because most games, like the professional dreamhack games, only seem to last 25-35ish minutes. So if I wait on something like rabadons until the late game (RoA+Sorc+Rylai's = 7240g + deathcap =10840 total needed), I either might have already won significantly beforehand, or if I am on the losing team, I will almost never have the possibility of getting it. Does tanky > damage on an AP carry?

I find by mid game a full burst usually takes a non-tank down from full hp to about 20%.

Besides, I mark and initiate with my stun, so my teammates are usually on top of them anyways.

The reason I go RoA first is because once I reveal myself, I tend to get targeted, so the longer I can stay in a fight, the more stuns I can land, and my teammates swoop in to kill them.

Then again, I'm almost always mid, so I tend to mass an enormous amount of gold thanks to disintegrate.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#10CalmOfEmptinessPosted 8/4/2011 1:49:26 PM
The optimal Annie build, I think, involves Rabadon's Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp, Rylai's Scepter, and Sorc Boots.

I usually get Deathfire + Fiendish Codex for the 25% CDR and good mana regen.

Rylai's Scepter is really good on Annie, because getting means you have both an AoE and single target slow.