Talon Runes/Build/Masteries

#1ShoMeYaMovesPosted 8/25/2011 12:07:08 AM
Welp. I picked up Talon earlier, played 5 games and quite literally crushed my lane, then the enemy team every single time with this setup. (Only 2 of them were ranked, but it worked just as well then.)

I duo laned all 5 times with with a friend trying out the new nidalee. Ignite/Flash. 21/6/3 Masteries. 6 arpen marks 3 ad marks/armor yellows/mr per level blues/ 2 ad quints and 1 arpen quint. With masteries, you start out with 10 bonus ad. I started each game with doran's blade, taking w first for 20 bonus ad at lvl 1 total. His ratios are great but his base isn't, so no reason not to rune this way imo.

Basically w them if they get range and try to scare them off the wave, my skill order was w/q/w/e. Once you hit 4, kill one or both of your opposite laners if you've gotten them down to 3/4s with w harass. His e basically lets you burst them for free without them hitting the panic button (unless they have cleanse AND flash lol). And the bulkiness from doran's/defensive runes/the 6 in defense means you're probably better off in trading harass; especially with the nerfed support meta.

Once you get that kill or 2 at level 4, at the very least go back and buy boots and one more doran's to maintain lane dominance. My items by 20 min in each game were doran's/lucidity/doran's/doran's/brutalizer/bf sword. Laugh all you want at stacking those doran's, but it's actually ridiculously good on him. In the games that went longer, I turned the bf sword into an IE and sold a doran's to build a FM. I'm kind of torn between zerk's and lucidity but I tried lucidity in the first game and stuck with it for the hell of it.
#2fcsPosted 8/25/2011 12:22:37 AM
ignite/flash is terrible.....

i use flash/ignite. D is always flash.
---
Wu Ju like to see my bear Tibbers?
#3Epyon ZeroPosted 8/25/2011 2:04:30 AM
Exhaust/Flash
21/0/9
3 Armpen, 6 AD reds
3 Armpen Quints
Armor Yellows
Mres Blues

Dorans Blade
Boots -> Mercs if team is full of cc, Lucidity otherwise. Talon is not an AS champ therefore don't even consider zerkers
Phage
Sheen
Frozen Mallet
Atmas
TF
BFS but I've yet to be able to turn it into anything.
---
Dont forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.-Madoka 3:16
#4ShoMeYaMoves(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 9:33:18 AM
I don't really see the sense in building sheen or even Triforce as anything but a luxury item after a heavy ad+FM core; it only really benefits his q and building around that one move at the expense of making his w and ult better seems weird to me. His skillset is similar to Panth's and you don't really see anyone building sheen on Panth in lieu of, say, a brutalizer.
#5Silverflash-x(Moderator)Posted 8/25/2011 9:50:29 AM
fcs posted...
ignite/flash is terrible.....

i use flash/ignite. D is always flash.

When F isn't Flash, I just die. I could never have it on D.
---
Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.
#6Little ZardarPosted 8/25/2011 9:52:16 AM
F is for Flash
---
"You're old school when you remember to use an apostrophe when writing out the contraction of the words you and are." - wakasm
#7Mobile_PlatformPosted 8/25/2011 9:53:40 AM
Exhaust/Flash is what I've been running. Exhaust is particularly nice because it procs your passive. Ignite does not.
---
Dude, did you just get ****blocked by Bob Saget?
#8ShoMeYaMoves(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 10:00:15 AM
Yeah, I like the exhaust passive proc too...it's just I reallllly like the ignite/q synergy with tower dives and such.
#9Reaper_MinionPosted 8/25/2011 10:04:40 AM
Ignite works with the damage amplification from E, so Exhaust isn't the only one that synergizes with his kit.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#10PorkinzPosted 8/25/2011 10:07:25 AM
ShoMeYaMoves posted...
I don't really see the sense in building sheen or even Triforce as anything but a luxury item after a heavy ad+FM core; it only really benefits his q and building around that one move at the expense of making his w and ult better seems weird to me. His skillset is similar to Panth's and you don't really see anyone building sheen on Panth in lieu of, say, a brutalizer.

Well Sheen gives him huge burst when combined with cutthroat.
15% damage on top of 2 sheen/TF procs is pretty huge.
Plus between rake, exhaust, and TF slow...FM is unneeded.
With enough CD reduction, TF with be up constantly.

I still need to test both high AD build and a TF build, but both seem viable to me