TF
Gunblade(gives Yi CC too)
yatta
yatta
---
And then I become greeeeeen like the hulk and I
feast off the flesh of the haters.
#2byakutsukiPosted 9/11/2011 8:38:30 PM
AP Yi is only viable if his Ultimate gets refreshed, but that would mean packing as much AP as possible.

AD Yi is viable do to his proc on attack speed.

You try to do both, you'll lose
#3ZerothmaPosted 9/11/2011 8:39:30 PM(edited)
I sometimes wonder this about Hybrid Sion and Hybrid MF. I actually tried hybrid MF and it worked pretty darn well.

But Yi seems to be missing something that MF has (range) and Sion has (tanky/shield). As well as the fact that Yi scales pretty well off of attack speed because of his natural AD boost and passive. My brain says no, but my body says yes.
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.
#4LurkerkillerPosted 9/11/2011 8:51:20 PM
Hybrid Yi is only good when you are playing against low levels/bads, I've done so before against bads and wrecked face. 1v5'd their team, felt good, especially since it was 3v5 that game and they just surrendered.
---
Zelda PH: FC: 1418-5756-3208
FFIII FC 2964-7734-2495
#5HyperOmegaXPosted 9/11/2011 9:36:22 PM
I tried Hybrid Sion, I did extremely well. Couldn't carry as hard as AD though.
---
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7595/freeza20charge.gif
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6396/freezabeam.gif
#6Master of HatePosted 9/11/2011 11:37:57 PM
In my experience, mild hybrid builds are superior on Yi.

And by mild, I mean having like a Gunblade on him is really all you need. It makes his meditate substantially more useful, his alpha strike gets a mild damage boost, but the other stats are so useful (spell vamp, life steal) that it's not even really "hybrid" persay.

I haven't ever tried using a full hybrid build on him. I'll do some test runs tomorrow. Guinsoo's, Gunblade, etc etc
---
askpeevies: Guys guess what. WoW and FFXI aren't the only MMO's.
AuRamza: Go back to Korea
#7Sasuke_Uchiha85Posted 9/12/2011 12:54:16 AM(edited)
byakutsuki posted...
AP Yi is only viable if his Ultimate gets refreshed, but that would mean packing as much AP as possible.

AD Yi is viable do to his proc on attack speed.

You try to do both, you'll lose

Maybe if you're doing it wrong and only backdooring with him.

The ultimate's not necessary for AP* Yi. Alpha Strike and Meditation are where the idea formed, and this makes him a -very- viable champ. He's just a version that requires more skill to effectively utilize because you're not hitting R and insta-winning team fights.

Instead you're hitting Q and if you get low, you hit W, and finally to proc Lich Bane you're hitting E.

Edited this in. Just noticed I forgot to specify there when I should have, for those who freak out and didn't read past it.
---
Tier lists are opinionated and are often non-indicative of a character's potential.
Jecht riding Feral Chaos would be the best super boss ever.
#8Sange13Posted 9/12/2011 12:53:26 AM
Honestly, if you go Gunblade/Guinsoo's together, that's as hybrid as you need to get if you're going to try for it. From there get AS and defenses.
---
I wish I invented Ramen noodle soup: It feeds the poor, tastes great, would make me rich, and costs nothing to produce.
#9NinjaGuerraPosted 9/12/2011 1:02:09 AM
why not build malady and wits end and nashors tooth?
---
Rhythm Game Enthusiast.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#10Germanotta(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 6:09:46 AM
Would spell vamp proc on Alpha Strikes's bonus magic damage?
---
And then I become greeeeeen like the hulk and I
feast off the flesh of the haters.