Best Amumu build?

#1tuzlowpsPosted 11/26/2011 10:59:07 PM
I have always laned as Amumu and just tried jungling for the first time. Amazing. Now I'm not really sure what the best build would be. I went standard jungler start into Philo, Merc treads, and HoG and just went situational from there.
#2MapleStory0WindPosted 11/26/2011 11:00:33 PM
There is no "Amumu build." Tanks are the most situationally built characters in the game.
#3WyrmcraftPosted 11/26/2011 11:02:10 PM
Philo and boots are great. Not sure about HoG, I tend to find that I need my aegis right after I grab philo.

If you get the HoG early enough though, I guess it works.

After Aegis the build is situational. Though I like to go Frozen Heart and FoN in a balanced comp. If you got HoG randuins instead I guess. Abyssal Sceptar is decent, though I prefer FoN for trolling like HP regen.

Philo should be built into Reviere
#4brownpantZPosted 11/27/2011 7:28:11 AM
I dont follow a set amumu build, but 'Absolute Armageddon Amumu' is a pretty good build on moba, i tend to follow it where applicable, HOG and Philo are definately good buys early game for him.
---
AMD phenom ii x4 955. @ 3.2 Ghz, HD 4870 1gb. 4GB DDr3 1600.
#5iPWNtheNoobsPosted 11/27/2011 7:58:07 AM
Merc /sorc/lucid
Scepter
Hourglass
Deathcap
RoA
Rylais
---
Trolling is a art
#6tuzlowps(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 7:59:09 AM
Is it better to go full on tank, or Tanky with some AP?
#7kanated123Posted 11/27/2011 8:16:42 AM
tuzlowps posted...
Is it better to go full on tank, or Tanky with some AP?

Full tank.

Rush a heart of gold

Banshee's + Sunfire works really well, makes you very tanky with a lot of AoE damage. Sunfire is overall a bad item but since Amumu has a lot of AoE damage, Sunfire works fairly well but get Randuin's if you don't care about the AoE.

Rush Aegis after HoG if your support isn't getting one.

Lategame get Frozen Heart and Force of Nature. This is the most situational part of the build, you build according to the enemy team, you can even build Abyssal Scepter (stacks with your passive).
#8DrewdadruidPosted 11/27/2011 8:29:43 AM
I've seen a lot of jungle amumus starting regrowth pendant is this the new thing to do or should a jungle amumu start cloth 5 pots? (this is starting at blue btw)
---
elementz kicked out of clg for doublelift? do you not live under a rock? do you not get inside much? jesus.~Little Zardar IGN: Morcyth
#9Awesome_BastardPosted 11/27/2011 8:36:58 AM
I go
mpen reds
armor yelow
mr/per lv blu
armpen quints

0/21/9 - max enlighenment - big need for amumu,

start with w , with leash on blu

max e , w , q
---
Anyone who claims they're Awesome is just really a Bastard.
#10DrewdadruidPosted 11/27/2011 8:39:00 AM
What starting item?
---
elementz kicked out of clg for doublelift? do you not live under a rock? do you not get inside much? jesus.~Little Zardar IGN: Morcyth