Reguarding Ashe runes.

#1DeathWyvernPosted 11/27/2011 1:22:20 AM
Trying to decide what the best start for Ashe is.

I've been going with
9x AR PEN Reds
9x 1.41 Armor Yellows
9x MRegen Blues
3x Armor pen Quints

I'm just not sure what the best start for her really is. I feel like dorans gives me the damage I want early game, but at the same time boots and 3x pots works really well.

Main question here is honestly, should I bring 2.3 Phys damage quints, or 3.33 armor pen quints? Should I mix in any health quints?
---
Gamertag - Mythologick
Playing - Halo: Reach, Starcraft 2, Tales of Vesperia
#2ScaredChildrenPosted 11/27/2011 1:24:35 AM
It's regarding, by the way.

Start is usually dictated by what support you're running with and who you're up against in the lane.

Runes seem fine, preference over AD or ArP on quints, though pretty sure people run the AD.
---
:>
#3DeathWyvern(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 1:29:41 AM
I usually end up going mid with her, unless there is a good AP carry for mid.

If I'm mid I lean towards Dorans Blade.
Laning I go for boots & 3x pots.

Just wondering if I'm doing it right. I've been playing her religiously the past few days. If I fear the champ I'm against mid, I grab a banshees as my first item and my boots before building any damage. If I think I'm not going to have any trouble I'll get my boots and a BF sword and build straight damage.

I like playing ashe, the only problem with her being that she has a giant TARGET on her face that apparently says "kill me first". Even if I'm behind my team and know my surroundings, a few characters will literally run past my team ignoring them, go straight for me with all stuns/damage, kill me, and then proceed to dominate a team fight that I'm not in.
---
Gamertag - Mythologick
#4X_HellBorn_XPosted 11/27/2011 1:31:06 AM(edited)
The ranged AD page that most people (and pros) use is

ArPen reds
armor yellows
magic resist/lvl blues
AD quints

Start with Doran's if you are laning with a healer. Start with boots and 3x red sodas if you're not laning with a healer.
#5DeathWyvern(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 1:38:10 AM
I'm going to assume that in the long run for a longer game, armor pen quints are going to help you more. However, for the early game where I need to get an advantage to try to get kills/attempt to carry straight damage quints are better.

Dropping my mana regen runes for magic res doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm not a pro ashe player, but I use my volley a lot. Without my regen runes, I can't spam volley as often as I need to. I've been starting with boots, 3x pots, moving into catalyst and banshees here recently and I've seen some success.
---
Gamertag - Mythologick
#6staleyoptionPosted 11/27/2011 1:51:16 AM
DeathWyvern posted...
I usually end up going mid with her, unless there is a good AP carry for mid.

If I'm mid I lean towards Dorans Blade.
Laning I go for boots & 3x pots.

I would have thought mid you would go boots and lane you would go Dorans.
#7FoxyArekuPosted 11/27/2011 1:55:42 AM
Don't mid as ashe. Ever. Unless your team is forcing you too.

Also the only reason to go AD quints on her over movement speed is if you are bad at last hitting. armor pen are decent if you don't have speed.
---
Not changing sig until Twisted Fate gets his ult back.
League of Legends: 8/24/2011
#8mattislegionPosted 11/27/2011 2:37:50 AM
AD quints
MR Blues
Armor yellows
Armor pen reds

I use that setup on every AD carry I play. You go AD quints for early game trading and last hitting. In the long run armor pen quints are better.

And you really shouldn't go mid as Ashe. Any decent AP carry will completely s*** on you.
---
"When you asked for light I set myself on fire."
#9Suffer_NotPosted 11/27/2011 3:17:14 AM

Don't mid as ashe. Ever. Unless your team is forcing you too.

Seriously, this. Ashe has basically no way to escape or protect herself early game and she doesn't have any sort of damage without items. I don't know why so many people insist on midding with Ashe, but she can't compete with the Morganas, Akalis, Brands, and so on that normally go mid.

I mean, if no one on your team can mid, then better to give it to someone who knows what they are doing, but if there is any other choice go with a duo lane.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
#10DeathWyvern(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 3:25:21 AM
I always try to duo lane if I can, unfortunately apparently not many people I end up with are comfortable with mid. So I end up there a lot of time regardless.
---
Gamertag - Mythologick