**** rylais on Ahri

#1shadyelfPosted 12/19/2011 3:14:10 PM
I always do so poorly whenever I get it first. I'm going RoA first, if fed then I'll get deathcap, otherwise I'll get rylai second
---
?
#2angermngment101Posted 12/19/2011 3:21:42 PM
I only played her 2-3 games, but this setup works for me:

RoA first
Ryali next
Deathcap Third.
---
Viva la bamba
#3VoidgolemPosted 12/19/2011 3:29:29 PM
Skip both and rush abyssal or haunting guise instead.
---
Bullet Hell is a fun place.
...So as I pray, UNLIMITED MISSILE STORM WORKS.
#4PegetaPosted 12/19/2011 3:31:15 PM
personally I rush as much Apen as I can then get rylai's
#5realfreakoPosted 12/19/2011 3:35:22 PM
Only played her twice (with 1 of them being forced from a fail swap), but I like these items on Ahri

It's not a build order and I'm not even sure if I should get RoA or not >_>

RoA
Death Cap
Void Staff (You will have to get this late game for any AP carry unless it's like triple digit elo)
Deathfire Grasp (I really like this on Ahri)
Lich Bane
Sorcs / Mercs
---
PSN/MGO: TehFlame
#6SmithyQPosted 12/19/2011 3:55:40 PM
I don't understand how going RoA before Rylai's helps your problem, whatever it is. Rylai's gives similar immediate HP, better immediate AP and an awesome offensive passive. The only thing RoA gives you in comparison is mana and 130hp extra after 20min. Unless you constantly find yourself out of mana (which rarely happens after laning), I don't see the upshot.
#7PurpendiculousPosted 12/19/2011 4:02:05 PM
SmithyQ posted...
I don't understand how going RoA before Rylai's helps your problem, whatever it is. Rylai's gives similar immediate HP, better immediate AP and an awesome offensive passive. The only thing RoA gives you in comparison is mana and 130hp extra after 20min. Unless you constantly find yourself out of mana (which rarely happens after laning), I don't see the upshot.

You get that awesome passive every time you level up.

And you added an extra "rylais on" in the topic title.
---
"How do I open this thing? Its stupid proof." ~My friend Jonathan
#8cody rheesPosted 12/19/2011 4:21:26 PM
Boots
Dorans
Dorans
-upgrade boots to sorc
Rylais
Wota
Deathcap

Thats the build I use and it works good. I find that the mana from RoA is almost useless (i run mana regen runes and masteries plus 2 dorans) so I opt for rylais for the health and slow component with same AP. If i can go deathcap, I will, but generally I at least get a revolver for the spell vamp and build it into will of the ancient right away or right after deathcap.

Final build would round out with void staff (or abyssal) and zhonyas selling the dorans.
---
"Dodongo dislikes smoke" - Old man
#9Suffer_NotPosted 12/19/2011 4:38:51 PM
Ahri's ratios mean that the most important things for her are magic penetration and cdr.

Boots+pots
Dorans if necessary to your matchup
Kage's Luck Pick
Fiendish Codex
Upgrade to Death Fire's Grasp when it is convenient. You can choose to wait on that if you need the gold income from your pick.
Sorc boots
KindleGem
Voidstaff
Abyssal Scepter
Soul Shroud
Death cap

Completed build:
Sorc boots
DFG
VoidStaff
Abyssal (if you have a teammate already grabbing this, replace it with a lichbane)
Soul Shroud
Death cap
Blue Elixers

With masteries, this will leave your end game at 50%/49 magic penetration, ~570 ability power, +520 health, more than enough mana regen, 39% cdr, and you have a DFG active that will strip up to 45% of a target's health off.

It's also about 14.5k gold. Grabbing a WotA and a RoA might help you win the game earlier than that, and obviously you should be building items to counter the opposition. This is just the build I would consider most optimal for Ahri's end game.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
#10Chaotic WarriorPosted 12/19/2011 5:18:22 PM
i go Roa first, deathcap second, then rylia's
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?