So how can I practice roles I'm not used to?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So how can I practice roles I'm not used to?
4 years ago#1
Or, really, anything that isn't support or jungler.

To clarify, I love playing jungle or support. They are without a doubt my favourite roles to play. However: I want to learn other roles so I've got a bit better of an understanding of laning. See, as jungler, obviously, I don't have to last hit or harass or lane. As support, laning is a completely different experience as you don't focus on minions aside from the like, 3 seconds where your carry is gone.

I'm by no means a spectacular player. However, I'm decent enough that when I'm thrown into a laning position, because I lack experience with it, I get crushed. I don't know how or when to trade or harass, and end up losing minions to my tower because I don't know when to push out harder.

So if I lane, I lose my lane. I get frustrated and so does my team. But I want to get better at it. Should I make a smurf? should I try to find customs? =/
I'm a real Porcupine and I have sharp Quills!
4 years ago#2
You get better by playing against better players. Just go normal blind.
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
4 years ago#3
Play a few bot games and focus on last hitting imo. Then try it out against real players to get a better feel for last hitting well while also harrassing your opponents.
And then John was a zombie.
4 years ago#4
If it's really last hitting and minions in general that are giving you trouble, play some bot games until you can last hit well with at least a few characters, and then just start playing normals until you learn to harass. I'd go bot lane with a friend on support or tank to give you an easier time. In fact, if you can get a 5-man premade, do that. That way, if you fail, no one will get pissed at you.
Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.
4 years ago#5
I play normals when learning new champ or new role, of course sometimes i feed but the second game is much better.
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.
4 years ago#6
its really easy to learn how to lane, trade, and last hit as an ad carry. pick up tristana, cait, vayne, or graves.
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So how can I practice roles I'm not used to?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived