So how can I practice roles I'm not used to?

#17Nitro7Blazer7Posted 12/24/2011 2:59:27 PM
Or, really, anything that isn't support or jungler.

To clarify, I love playing jungle or support. They are without a doubt my favourite roles to play. However: I want to learn other roles so I've got a bit better of an understanding of laning. See, as jungler, obviously, I don't have to last hit or harass or lane. As support, laning is a completely different experience as you don't focus on minions aside from the like, 3 seconds where your carry is gone.

I'm by no means a spectacular player. However, I'm decent enough that when I'm thrown into a laning position, because I lack experience with it, I get crushed. I don't know how or when to trade or harass, and end up losing minions to my tower because I don't know when to push out harder.

So if I lane, I lose my lane. I get frustrated and so does my team. But I want to get better at it. Should I make a smurf? should I try to find customs? =/
---
I'm a real Porcupine and I have sharp Quills!
#2o___OkamiPosted 12/24/2011 3:01:09 PM
You get better by playing against better players. Just go normal blind.
---
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
#3Fenrir the WolfPosted 12/24/2011 3:01:21 PM
Play a few bot games and focus on last hitting imo. Then try it out against real players to get a better feel for last hitting well while also harrassing your opponents.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#4Silverflash-x(Moderator)Posted 12/24/2011 3:05:38 PM
If it's really last hitting and minions in general that are giving you trouble, play some bot games until you can last hit well with at least a few characters, and then just start playing normals until you learn to harass. I'd go bot lane with a friend on support or tank to give you an easier time. In fact, if you can get a 5-man premade, do that. That way, if you fail, no one will get pissed at you.
---
Q. If your canoe is in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?
A. None. Snakes don't have armpits.
#5noone369Posted 12/24/2011 3:38:46 PM
I play normals when learning new champ or new role, of course sometimes i feed but the second game is much better.
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.
#6Wii_kid_bf2142Posted 12/24/2011 3:44:12 PM
its really easy to learn how to lane, trade, and last hit as an ad carry. pick up tristana, cait, vayne, or graves.
---
Why is everyone keen on being a Spy / Sniper?
Because their handles are either xXxKwIkSkOpExXx or xXxD4rkS4Suk3xXx -- UrCa1988