#21SkylonPosted 1/20/2012 8:40:30 AM
norush24minutes posted...
Skylon posted...
Skylon posted...
Skylon posted...
xRustySpoon posted...
Can't believe no one has mentioned Gangplank.

Probably because anyone who says Gangplank has to be joking?

GP is one of those champs where, if I see them pick him, I purposely pick Renekton so I can counter him hard. You force him to blow mana on oranges unless he wants to stand there and take another autoattack and Q before you dash back out. His harass isn't very effective due to your Q. Plus, if he's using Q on you rather than minions, you're winning your lane already.

Back to the original question, when it comes to standard tanky solo tops, ones who can stalemate the lane are best. WW, Cho and Udyr are perfect choices.

As for non-standard choices, I'm sure there are many ranged AD and APs who can shut him down easily.

Sorry you're wrong.

GP definitely counters Renekton.

The ONLY way I have ever come close to being remotely countered by GP is lucky crits. And crits are hardly worth calling a counter to anything.

We're not talking about GP vs Renekton not about You vs GP.

But I'm using.....Renekton. What's so hard to follow here?

I've played against numerous GPs and Renekton and can confidently say he's a counter to him. I had a grand total of ONE match where one who apparently ran full crit runes gave me trouble. But I still broke even and we won.

Yes and you're using personal experience, which is never an argument.

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read all day.]

I'm sorry I can't scientifically prove that champion X is a counter to champion Y. Nobody can. All we can do is go off of collective player experience. My contribution is that I counter the crap out of GP every time I use Renekton. I have seen other Renektons shut down Gangplank. The fact that multiple posters have responded here and only TWO have mentioned GP as a counter to Renekton says something as well.

If you don't want personal experience, get off of a video game message board and take your ignorant intellectual arguments elsewhere.
---
"A young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." - Masakari24 sums up the Wizard of Oz
#22happyscrub1Posted 1/20/2012 8:41:32 AM
GP counters anyone when he get lucky crits. Renekton beats him with boots and potions. All u gotta do is out live his mana.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11?
#23norush24minutesPosted 1/20/2012 8:42:14 AM
Skylon posted...
Skylon posted...
Skylon posted...
Skylon posted...
xRustySpoon posted...
Can't believe no one has mentioned Gangplank.

Probably because anyone who says Gangplank has to be joking?

GP is one of those champs where, if I see them pick him, I purposely pick Renekton so I can counter him hard. You force him to blow mana on oranges unless he wants to stand there and take another autoattack and Q before you dash back out. His harass isn't very effective due to your Q. Plus, if he's using Q on you rather than minions, you're winning your lane already.

Back to the original question, when it comes to standard tanky solo tops, ones who can stalemate the lane are best. WW, Cho and Udyr are perfect choices.

As for non-standard choices, I'm sure there are many ranged AD and APs who can shut him down easily.

Sorry you're wrong.

GP definitely counters Renekton.

The ONLY way I have ever come close to being remotely countered by GP is lucky crits. And crits are hardly worth calling a counter to anything.

We're not talking about GP vs Renekton not about You vs GP.

But I'm using.....Renekton. What's so hard to follow here?

I've played against numerous GPs and Renekton and can confidently say he's a counter to him. I had a grand total of ONE match where one who apparently ran full crit runes gave me trouble. But I still broke even and we won.

Yes and you're using personal experience, which is never an argument.

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read all day.]

I'm sorry I can't scientifically prove that champion X is a counter to champion Y. Nobody can. All we can do is go off of collective player experience. My contribution is that I counter the crap out of GP every time I use Renekton. I have seen other Renektons shut down Gangplank. The fact that multiple posters have responded here and only TWO have mentioned GP as a counter to Renekton says something as well.

If you don't want personal experience, get off of a video game message board and take your ignorant intellectual arguments elsewhere.

Scientific proof or get out.
---
Dante200X is my alt.
#24ScaredChildrenPosted 1/20/2012 8:43:24 AM
skylon obviously new here

norush one of the regular trolls

NO FUN ALLOWED
---
:>
#25SkylonPosted 1/20/2012 8:51:50 AM
ScaredChildren posted...

NO FUN ALLOWED

You would think trolls would have something a little more worthwhile than idiotic scientific arguments as their method of trolling.
---
"A young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." - Masakari24 sums up the Wizard of Oz
#26YourJanissaryPosted 1/20/2012 9:10:32 AM
Skylon posted...
ScaredChildren posted...

NO FUN ALLOWED

You would think trolls would have something a little more worthwhile than idiotic scientific arguments as their method of trolling.

that's pretty much trolling 101 dude.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Eckyo.jpg
#27Blazeofspikes10Posted 1/20/2012 10:33:17 AM(edited)
Jungle udyr, rammus, or any other jungler with CC are the only counters renekton solo top. When playing renekton I start off with boots and hp potions and will push the minion wave to the turret in such a way that the auto attacking minions will screw you up with last hitting melee minions. If you even attempt to melee my ranged minions I will simply harass you back to force you back to your base so I can either go back to work on my build, invade the Junglers stone golems depending on which team I am at or just gank the jungler, and possibly gank mid depending on how much health I have.

Renekton has insane sustain with high base damage so all he needs to do to win his lane is to constantly buy hp potions before his Q is maxed and just get a brutalizer for cheap CDR and beneficial AD. Once I finished that item I generally either build atmogs or a black cleaver depending on how much armor you have and sometimes a complimentary negatron cloak if you are playing an AP character.

As for your tower I will leave it be as a means of a minion stopper due to my aggressive minion slaughtering so that way if you think about farming again I will go back to your lane and repeat the process.

I have learned it is much easier to leave top tower up as a means of preventing free farm because I had lame mid or bottom players who don't want to destroy mid/bottom turret when I am there helping to try destroy it for them for whatever reason in either hopes of destroying it for pulling top lane to mid lane. (true story and it annoyed the living heck out of me because that top nasus I was fighting caught up 14 minutes later after I destroyed top tower while in that 14 minutes my team hasn't even put a dent in the tower when I was there. Heck there is not a logical reason because their outmost tower wasn't is destroyed and they even had full HP.)