Annie Build?

#1Earthbound360Posted 2/12/2012 3:57:46 PM
So Annie used to be my main, and for a long time I was using a similar build for a lot of my games. It usually involved RoA, Rylai's, and Deathcap. I never stacked Doran's rings, rushed a Catalyst, and started with Amplifying Tome+1 pot.

Apparently RoA isn't even cool anymore. Since the health pot nerf, it seems like multiple potions would be more optimal especially since Annie has 0 lane sustain. I'm thinking boots and 3 pots, especially to dodge all those Brand and Ahris.

From there, I'm not sure exactly where to go. Looks like stacking Doran's rings is a thing. Catalyst means lane sustain however. Sorcerers shoes means better dodging ability. If I head home with 1600, a needlessly large rod seems appealing. Suggestions for a first and second trip back?

As for final build, I'm thinking Sorcerers Shoes, Rylai's, Deathcap, and perhaps Zhonya's. Void Staff if they have MR.

To top it off, is Deathfire Grasp good for Annie? How about WotA? Abyssal Scepter? If it hits extremely late game, does stacking Deathcaps sound ok?

Or is RoA still worthwhile? I'm not entirely sure which mages it still is good on. And if I DO get the catalyst, what should I do with it later?
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#2aleksazenPosted 2/12/2012 4:00:17 PM
dont play annie she gets bullied by just about everymid
---
i7-2720QM | 8 GB | 6990m
#3mattislegionPosted 2/12/2012 4:04:23 PM
RoA is OK. Always starts boots + 3 pots.
If you're going to get RoA rush Catalyst, but if you don't want RoA then two doran's rings into Deathcap is probably the best build.

DO NOT get Rylai's. Annie's kit is based around stunning something and nuking it into the ground. Slowing a stunned target is useless. If you want HP then get RoA.

Final build would be something like.

Sorc Shoes
Deathcap
Void Staff
Hourglass
Banshee's Veil
WotA/DFG

OR

Sorc Shoes
RoA
Deathcap
Voidstaff
Hourglass
Banshee's/QSS
---
"When you asked for light I set myself on fire."
#4mattislegionPosted 2/12/2012 4:06:17 PM
aleksazen posted...
dont play annie she gets bullied by just about everymid

And this is so untrue... Some popular mids give her trouble. But no one straight up counters her, and if they mess up once she has super high kill potential. Especially with jungle ganks.
---
#5DualSword31Posted 2/12/2012 4:06:46 PM
six heart of golds.
#6Earthbound360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 7:58:03 PM
What's the opinion on Doran's Rings for Annie? Get one on first trip back? Stack them until you can afford something bigger? Stop at 2? None at all?

And back to the first/second trip back question. I'm thinking Doran's Ring and finish boots, but then there's no room for a catalyst. Worth getting that early? Or is boots into needlessly large rod a better idea?
---
#7Earthbound360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 9:04:53 PM
bump
---
#8lordjersPosted 2/12/2012 9:19:28 PM
LICH BANE
---
Science and Religion can be great friends. However, they make up for an awful marriage.,
#9mattislegionPosted 2/12/2012 9:29:21 PM
Earthbound360 posted...
What's the opinion on Doran's Rings for Annie? Get one on first trip back? Stack them until you can afford something bigger? Stop at 2? None at all?

And back to the first/second trip back question. I'm thinking Doran's Ring and finish boots, but then there's no room for a catalyst. Worth getting that early? Or is boots into needlessly large rod a better idea?

Generally you want to get two on the first trip back along with some more hp pots if you need them and wards. You shouldn't need more then 2. If you're going catalyst then you don't really need Doran's rings, maybe one if it's a difficult lane. It really just depends on how much gold you have on your first trip back. If you have the 1300 gold or whatever it is for catalyst then you can just grab one. Rushing Deathcap will give you more upfront damage. You can always get Catalyst and just sit on it till late game and turn it into B. Veil.

I just played two games with Annie and this was my full item build:

Boots + pots
two Doran's
Sorc Shoes
Blasting Wand or NLR (whatever you have enough gold for)
Deathcap
Void Staff
Hourglass
Banshee's Veil

If the game goes on any longer then that DFG, WotA, and Lichbane are all viable luxury items.
---
#10Earthbound360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 10:08:28 PM
Interesting.

What are the thought on Abyssal Scepter? Better for the support to hold onto it?

And as for Rylai's (which seemed like a popular choice a while back), doesn't it proc on Tibbers' aura? Since her persists on the battlefield, wouldnt that be like constant AoE slowing in a big team fight?
---